Spicing up routines after a while? A split that's bodyweight only?

Timmay

Hey fellas, I'm new to posting on the boards but not new to the forums and to HST. I've been doing the standard HST routine with a few modifications that I made after the first few cycles for around a year now and I've had some good results. I'm just saying this to make it clear I understand how HST works, etc., and I plan on using HST principles in the future as well.

Having said this...I'm dying for a change! Perhaps one of the most important things to being successful at bodybuilding is being internally motivated and focused day in and day out(at least IMO). Lately I've been wanting to change up my routine simply to keep things fresh. I'm currently really interested in improving and doing simple, classic body-weight exercises, mainly pushups and pullups. In my last routine I added in some pushups and pullups to the end of my workouts, increasing how much I do in line with HST principles. I didn't experience much gains but I really enjoyed the variation.

So I have two questions:
1. Do you guys do anything other than your standard exercises to spice things up?
2. What do you guys think about doing an AAB split routine where the B routine is bodyweight only? I was thinking various pushups and chinups/pullups..etc. Maybe have it HIT style? Timed? Think it might interfere with the routine?

Just curious if anyone else here feels the same way I do.

Back