Superset Question

Mike M

I usually do three sets on chest per HST workout and three sets on upper back in the same workout. So, if I do three work sets of DB bench presses and I superset that with three work sets of bent over rows, am I done with my HST chest and back workout for that day? Or, because a superset of two exercises is technically "1" set, did I only do three "combined" sets, demanding another pairing of chest/back exercises for another three supersets?

Thanks,
Michael

Yup, you're done! Supersetting is a great way to get through your workout quickly where possible. At present the only exercises I can superset are calf raises and shoulder presses as the rest of the gear is too far apart.

i would also say if you dont have pulldowns or chins then your back worjout is not done.as well as back width you have to work back thickness.so you will need to do 2 seperate exercises for back training.

yeh I have 3 supersets max on each workout day.
I love them, they help recovery, and there quick

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Supersetting is a great way to get through your workout quickly where possible.</div>
I normally use supersets to save time in the gym. Some examples are weighted dips-rows, incline bench-weighted chinups. But I may superset just about anything if I'm pressed for time. Squats are an exception, as I find them to be pretty taxing by themselves.
laugh.gif

Cheers,
Dimitris

Back