Supplements to use Durring HST

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_davie2k0
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_davie2k0

Hey everyone: I'm currently of course taking Whey, total EFA, green tea and thats it right now b/c i stopped taking my Creatine before i SDed. Should i take creatine during my program-- will it help my gains. I was thikning of taking Green Bulge which has CEE in it. Creatine will still help my gains with this program right even if im not taxing my muscles every workout?

gatorade during and after training (remember gatorade is a supplement). a little glutamine during the workouts to protect muscle wasting (read nutrient timing book)

after the workout pair up the gatorade with a fast acting protein. the anabolic driver sold on this website for instance. high glycemic carb and quick release protein is a lethal post workout combination!

theres a slew of natural testosterone raising products out now. they are all natural herbs like tribulus terrestris, tongkat ali, saw palmetto berry, etc... T-bomb II is an example. You can try your luck with those.

You already mentioned creatine

Glutamine is wasted money, read the FAQ's if you would like to learn more. Driver is not a fast actintg protein, it is slow and intended for use after workouts. Any herb/natural blend sold claiming to increase tesosterone production is a scam. They likely will make little if any difference unless you are a senior citizen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Aug. 25 2005,1:43)]Glutamine is wasted money, read the FAQ's if you would like to learn more.
Well thats part right..glutamine does not have effect on building muscle mass..however it will enhance you immune system thus keep you away from those dang colds more efficiently. And if you are feeling ok you can train harder
tounge.gif

Also there is no need to drink sport drinks like gatorade during training. Or never what comes to that matter...these sports drinks will help you more during endurance training...just keep your recovery drink in order and drink plenty of water during training that should do it. Also what fearofthedark mentioned about those testosterone enhancingh herbs..they are full of BS!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Aug. 25 2005,1:43)]Driver is not a fast actintg protein, it is slow and intended for use after workouts.
forgot to pick this up :)

Thats so wrong..after workout consume fast proteins

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Aug. 25 2005,5:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Aug. 25 2005,1:43)]Driver is not a fast actintg protein, it is slow and intended for use after workouts.
No. Before workout consume fast proteins so they will be available to you during the workout. After workout, consume slow proteins so they will be available during the several hours after workout that you will need them.

It doesn't make a huge difference though, but if you are going to use both slow and fast, you would definitely want the fast before workout and the slow after.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ Aug. 25 2005,7:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Aug. 25 2005,5:19)]
[b said:
No. Before workout consume fast proteins so they will be available to you during the workout. After workout, consume slow proteins so they will be available during the several hours after workout that you will need them.
It doesn't make a huge difference though, but if you are going to use both slow and fast, you would definitely want the fast before workout and the slow after.
Why would it matter to use a slow protein after training, assuming that you do as I do and eat another meal with protein within the "golden hour" or two after the protein/carb shake? In that case whey protein should be just as effective, no?!!
butbut.gif

Yes, IF you eat a meal with protein afterward, then whey is fine, since your meal will likely include slower protein.

Yeah...

what i meant with fast proteins is that include them to your recovery drink and within 2 hours of training eat protein "powered" meal ;)

Also the usage of fast proteins before workout depends on your own liking. Myself i usually wait 1-2 hours before hitting the gym after a good meal. This way all the food ingested and all glucose in in my cells..

I just think people eat too much supplements...eat more food and be happy
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Aug. 26 2005,12:48)]Yeah...
what i meant with fast proteins is that include them to your recovery drink and within 2 hours of training eat protein "powered" meal ;)
Also the usage of fast proteins before workout depends on your own liking. Myself i usually wait 1-2 hours before hitting the gym after a good meal. This way all the food ingested and all glucose in in my cells..
I just think people eat too much supplements...eat more food and be happy
tounge.gif
I totally agree with you about food vs. supplements. Like a lot of beginners I wasted a lot of money on supplements (other than protein powders) because the magazines, certain forums, and websites said I needed them to get HUUUUGE. All you really need is good nutrition in the form of plain ole food.

Back