test boosters during SD

Heavy Duty dude

Has anyone tried to use products like tribilus and 6-OXO to increase testosterone levels during the SD, to loose less muscle and strength?

I know that theoritically you're not supposed to loose mass during the sd but I always loose a little bit..

Most of the T boosters that I have seen contain Tribulus Terrestris and Avena Sativa. No, dude. It's not the cannibus sativa that you smoke.

While they will do seem to boost T to a certain extent, I am not sure that an extra chicken breast wouldn't be better for the average person during SD or while training and more cost effective.

wouldn't you just use 6oxo to normalize testosterone in your body? if so, then why would this have any effect on SD?

Well the purpose of these products is to boost testosterone. It probably cannot hurt to have more testosterone while deconditionning.

From what I read, tribulus boosts testosterone by about 50% and 6-OXO by 200%. That's very significant, especially the 6-OXO.

There's little to no evidence tibulus boosts test levels. The only studies that show it have used hypogonadal men. There's little or no evidence that it raises test levels in men with normal test levels, and there's no way to know if the trib was raising the test levels in the studies or if they would have recovered at that rate anyway.

6-oxo on the other hand does have some test boosting ability. However I'm with old and grey, you're better off spending your money on some extra protein.

I've heard on some forums that some people seem to have had some effect with tribulus. I don't really know.

But for sure 6-OXO is more effective.

The problem here is that at some point you reach a limit in terms of growth. This might be because you can't decondition more.

For someone in that situation, if these products enable to lengthen the SD by 1 week it may be worth it.

Even more powerful substances may be used for that, like those that steroid users take during their PCT.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heavy Duty dude @ Nov. 01 2004,9:29)]I've heard on some forums that some people seem to have had some effect with tribulus. I don't really know.
But for sure 6-OXO is more effective.
Placebo effect. Take measurements and you'll find nothing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The problem here is that at some point you reach a limit in terms of growth. This might be because you can't decondition more.

If you're talking about a person's genetic limit, then the only thing that will push them past that is steroids. If you're talking about lack ofgrowth due to RBE, as far as I know Bryan has stated that the 9-14 day SD should be enough deconditioning no matter what.

Slightly raised testosterone levels for a mere two to three weeks won't accomplish much of anything. While 6-oxo will inhibit aromatization and thus cause a test boost, it won't belong before your body upregulates production of aromatase to balance out its ratio of testosterone to estrogen.

The best way I can see to help SD is to use a diet that's as protein sparing as possible. This may mean going ketogenic for a couple weeks, perhaps even slightly before you start SD.

Back