Testosterone Result - what does that mean

ROCCOdoesDubai

Hi All

On the main forum I was stating that I've never got any real results [at least the results reported by people on this board - i've never gain 4kg LBM over 8 weeks of training!]

Someone suggested to check my levels of test; so here they are, but is this low for growing muscle? What has been peoples experience?

Results below, they also had some numbers in brackets - don't know what they mean - maybe its the normal range??

Testosterone: 12.8 nmol/L [5.2 - 22.0]

LIPID PROFILE
CHOL 3.92 nmol/L [3.57-5.20]
TRIG 0.4 nmol/L [0.0 - 2.3]
HDL- C 1.24 nmol/L [0.9-1.45]
LDL-C 2.6 nmol/L [2.6-3.3]

Appreciate any feedback. I've got no idea what all this means. Or how to improve the results, if they are bad.

Thanks!

from what i can gather(as im not used to those units)you are mr average so nothing to worry about.and i dont know anyone who gained 4kg 9lbs lbm in 8 weeks naturally,maybe in total weight with plenty of fat as well.

anything above 200ng/dl is normal,below that is low,maybe you could find a converter.

that is the average test levels in males (age dependent0.

<div>
(ROCCOdoesDubai @ Sep. 09 2006,12:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Results below, they also had some numbers in brackets - don't know what they mean - maybe its the normal range??</div>
The numbers in brackets are normally the range of results that are considered normal for your age group, whatever that might be. At least on the surface your testosterone looks normal and your lipid profile looks great. The roughly 2 to 1 ratio of LDL to HDL is very, very good and your triglycerides are low. You look (on paper) like a pretty healthy guy!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Sep. 10 2006,04:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">to convert the nmol/l to ng/dl you divide by 0.0347

so 12.8 / 0.0347 = 368ng/dl</div>
thanks for cleaning that up,i was too lazy to look for a converter last night.but the figures you have quoted make his test levels in the healthy range so he has nothing to worry about.

That's just a bit above MY test levels! And I qualify as being in andropause, and am going to get tested to see if I can take the HRT therapy.
Bottom line is: most doctors will say you're normal if you're in the normal range, which is to say that test decreases as you age, so the level of 'normal' decreases. So they let you live in sleepless, fatigued misery with low libido, easy fat gains and no muscle growth, or very little. But if you're a woman low on estrogen - &quot;Well ma'am, you need this so here's your prescription!&quot;

Again, Rocco, how old are you?

yea I wouldnt mind getting HRT, I reckon my doc would give it to me easy aswell.
testosterone decanoate capsules FTW
biggrin.gif

Edit: Just came back from the doctors, I enquired about my testosterone levels, he said the normal range was 30-80 and last year my levels came back at 40. (I was 22, I'm turning 23 next month)
I told him I would like to do something about it and he seemed pretty understanding, I always knew I had low testosterone because I once took testosterone deconoate for acouple months and I my iratability went away, I felt more focused and confident, basicly it leveled me out in a lot of ways.

Awesome article. I wonder where I heard of this guy before? BB.com? T-Nation?
Anyway, it was spot on with my research on the subject lately; especially all he said about today's doctors.

Thanks Fausto.
Looks like its from BB.com.
After a lot of research I think I am going to ask my doctor to refere to me an endocrinologist and urologist, maybe run another blood test incase my doctor left anything out.
I got a feeling my doctor is going to just put me on testosterone without anything else. But now I realise I might need HCG or clomid, and checkups for other things before starting.

great responses guys. i am 33 years young

well, i haven't found a training regime that helps me to grow and i've gone thru 4 cycles of HST and can't see much of an improvement [and it appears i am doing everything correct, training/sleep/nutrition]

so, guess i will try some AAS. my questions is, if i take AAS to get me to my 'normal' traineded size, then with these average test. levels will i keep the gains?
[apart from the normal issues with AAS]

i just want to get near my maxiumum natural size. so AAS will help me get there quicker, and with an average test level, i should maintain the muscle?? I don't want to train like a madman and take AAS just to have it all disapper when i am off. i have read about the various strategies of using AAS [probably try 2 on/4off].

and i don't want to become super massive, i just want to reach somewhere near my maximum natural size - and at 33, i still have not found a training regime to get me there - so i need to turn to some assistance.

any thoughts on that are appreciated!

thanks

If your test is low (as it is slightly) you should qualify for HRT. Why risk arrest and jailtime if all you need is a BB diet and a small assist? And are you getting enough sleep? Even I grow a bit when bulking, and my test is lower than yours. And I'm 53 in a few days.
I just read some info on trying to gain muscle when you're high in BF...so I may have stopped gaining because I just can't eat enough until I cut a bit. Hate it, but gotta do it.

I have a mate who has been training on and off for 5 years since he was 17. He started off at 65kg and now he is about 75-80, he would have done about 4 cycles over the last 4 years(sustanon250 and dianabol) The thing is I have asked him last year during his cycle and this year(no cycle yet), how much he weighs(hes a pure ectomorph) and I dont think he has put anything on, I think with steroid cycles, you put on during the cycle, you loss abit afterwards, and you dont get gains again in like 3 months afterwards.
I think keeping your test level at 700ng/dl all year round, would be better then say... 1200ng/dl for 2 months then 6 months at 300-400ng/dl then another 2 months at 1200ng/dl.

Back