The QUADRACK.

It's actually 1" stainless steel tubing, about 1/16" thick that was a high-end curtain rod. Pretty strong. I use a piece about 16" long for the footpegs on my T-bar row machine and I've not bent that piece yet.
They're 5" long and sink 2-1/2" into the 4x4, so they also won't twist out or blow out the wood. You can just barely push one into the 1" hole barehanded.

With the cost of wood lately I just decided to go with the 4x6 size of my existing rubber mat to make my platform. I'll do another this week for the rack itself. No more bashing through the floor!
...and it covers the hole...
DSCF0697.jpg

Thanx! Heck, with it now at 7 cardio machines (got rid of two) and a host of toys, I only hit 3 spots: Dip stand, power rack, and incline bench for flyes! Oh, and the chin bar on alternates.
If it weren't for doing face pulls on my BodySolid machine, I'd not use it anymore at all! I should sell it.

I may sell it as soon as I find a way to do face pulls elsewhere. Problem is I love the bench, so it won't go with that. Today I came home and built this DB stand - so I can just pick up, sit back and press. Funny how my mats and gear look much better and cleaner in person. That flash makes everything look dingy.
DBrack1.jpg

And I couldn't resist trying a shot of the gym without the excess machines. I moved my wife's favorites to the Living Room because she won't work out in the cold (or believe she'll ever get warm) and gave myself some more room. Much more user-friendly now and I get my mat and ball back:
Cleengym.jpg

I remember somewhere you posted info. on how to build your chest-supported rowing machine...could you point me to it, I may want to build one.

Thanks, Carl

Quad, I love what you've built and posted!  I just built a rack for 5 barbells that helps speed up my workout considerably.  It's a ton of fun...  

I noticed off to the side in your T-bar row machine picture there's a plate rack that looks like it's made of wood.  Is that one of your designs?  I would really like to build one and since it looks like you've already done it, is there anyway you would mind posting a full picture of from a couple of angles?

Sorry, forgot to get you this: the crossbars are the old size wooden closet rods; a lot of the new ones are only 1-1/4". The rest is screws and 2x4's.

Thank you very much for the picture.  I planning on building this one soon to add to my collection.

wow really cool to have yr own home gym.
where i stay, this is impossible if u dun stay on
landed property or an extremely large house
**look of envy..
rock.gif

<div>
(hotterdog @ Apr. 27 2008,8:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">wow really cool to have yr own home gym.
where i stay, this is impossible if u dun stay on
landed property or an extremely large house
**look of envy..
rock.gif
</div>
You do need room for a home gym, but Quad has A LOT of equipment. Most of the stuff has been picked up at garage/yard sales at a discount. For what the bodybuilder needs - barbell, plates, rack and bench, you do not need more than a 10x10 open area, so even renting is a possibility with a home gym.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 13 2007,10:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Aw, I'm kind of putting myself out. My living room is one of those &quot;L&quot; shapes, so half is gym and half is living space we dont' even use. We live in the bedroom where there's the computers, tv, dvd, vcr, stereo, bookcase, and uh, oh yeah, a bed.
Even cooler is my wife has started using the cardio room lately (no pressure from me). Downside of being a BB'er is she thinks we're indestructible and may come flying across the room at any time in a little brown ball of elbows and knees.
But wrestling is fun too.  
cool.gif

There are 7 cardio machines out in the sunroom. (yard sales, thrift stores and giveaways.)</div>
OMG I´m so jealous!
Somewhere in the future i hope i will have my own homegym, with sunlight coming in at day!

<div>
(Sniggel @ May 08 2008,9:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ May 13 2007,10:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Aw, I'm kind of putting myself out. My living room is one of those &quot;L&quot; shapes, so half is gym and half is living space we dont' even use. We live in the bedroom where there's the computers, tv, dvd, vcr, stereo, bookcase, and uh, oh yeah, a bed.
Even cooler is my wife has started using the cardio room lately (no pressure from me). Downside of being a BB'er is she thinks we're indestructible and may come flying across the room at any time in a little brown ball of elbows and knees.
But wrestling is fun too.
cool.gif

There are 7 cardio machines out in the sunroom. (yard sales, thrift stores and giveaways.)</div>
OMG I´m so jealous!
Somewhere in the future i hope i will have my own homegym, with sunlight coming in at day!</div>
Who has daytime these days?

Back