The Zone Diet

StoneSour

It seems like this diet is used by quite a few on HST, or at least a variation. What is the general consensus on following The Zone while doing HST?

Thanks,
StoneSour
happy.gif

Consensus is that the Zone Diet works well enough if you throw in a post-WO carb up (0.5 to 1.0g/LBM) Replenishing glycogen stores is very important for a frequent, full-body routine such as this. Shoot for 0.75-1.0g/LBM of carbs.

Also the Zone Diet tends to undershoot the "mainetenance" calorie count. So, you'll want to adjust it, perhaps adding extra fat blocks for energy.

cheers,
Jules

I think I'm the only one that followed exactly as Sears suggests while doing HST. I have built muscle (my best being 3-4 pounds of LBM in a cycle) and an equal amount of fat. I dont know if that is an endorsement or not
laugh.gif
but it was good for me considering my past training experiences.

Although Sears suggests increasing your fat to bring the ratios somewhere around 35c/25p/40f to achieve a calorie surplus (which is what I did) I did a search of his site and found that the best results were to be had by a guy who followed the 40/30/30 ratios but at a much higher calorie intake (which would provide more protein/carbs than Sears).

I would say that it is good as any other diet, but it did not live up to the hype! I cant see how anyone could have gained 16 pds LBM/6 pds fat loss over 6 weeks like the study he put in his book. I think AAS had something to do with it or the athletes were all fat and puny before they started!
The deal with better energy/lack of hunger/better mental acuity etc is all true though and that is why I continue to use it.

Back