to get stronger log

lotus

hi i am starting a new routine in order to get stronger but i need help as my max are really damn low i am not sure how should i start on the 6 weeks and split the excercises weight increment into 3 days each
i have tried using the calculator however the increments would start to be lifting air ,weights are in pound
Cycle 1

• 15 Rep max 10 Rep max 5 Rep max
  • Squat 65 88 100

• Deadlift 85 92 116
  • Dumbell Bench Press 25 30 40
  • Seated mil press 31 40 50
  • BB Bent over row 45 60 80
  • bicep curl bb 30 40 50
  • tricep pushdown 60machine 90machine

Last edited:
btw is it overkill to do squats for all the 6 weeks? i have forgotten to take max for other leg excercises

btw is it overkill to do squats for all the 6 weeks? i have forgotten to take max for other leg excercises

No, but squatting AND deadlifting for six weeks, 3 x weekly, might take its toll on your lower back. I am not sure how old you are but my guess is that you will cope at this stage. Once your poundages have climbed significantly you may well need to reduce the number of times a week you hit the heavy lifts (ie. squats and deads). See how you get on for this cycle.

im currently 19 if it is too much is it okay to do it on some days like doing only dl and squat once per week?

im currently 19 if it is too much is it okay to do it on some days like doing only dl and squat once per week?

When I did my first cycle of HST I did squats and SLDLs every session. That was fine for a couple of cycles but then, as my strength increased, my lower back started to get more fatigued. It's not necessarily a problem; it all depends on what you do away from the gym. In my case, I decided to drop SLDLs and switched to regular deads on Wednesdays only while continuing to back squat on Mondays and Fridays. That worked well for a while but then I found I needed to change things up again as even that was getting tough on my lower back.

What I ended up doing, and what still works best for me if I'm doing an HST cycle, is to front-squat on Mondays, deadlift on Wednesdays and back-squat on Fridays. The front squats reduce the strain on my lower back and allow enough extra recovery before deads and back-squats.

I still think you should see how you get on. If your lower back doesn't complain, I see no reason not to squat and deadlift 3 x weekly at this stage in your lifting career. Be sure to eat plenty of cals to fuel your workouts.

All the best!

did 1st day of 15RM

• squats 52lbs
  • DL 68lbs
  • DB bench 20lbs
  • seated mil 24.8lbs
  • bent over row 36lbs
  • bicep bb 24lbs
  • tricep pushdown machine 30lbs
  • most of them i am not able to get the exact weight so i did rounding
all did 2x15
not sure how am i going to continue increasing my DB bench since the db increments are quite small and i recorded my 15rm for db bench as 25 lbs.... damn , and maybe i injured my lower back not sure how to do warm up for lowerback anyone have any suggestions? i did a jog of 5mins for my warmup and a little hanging on the pull up bar.

Five or ten minutes jogging or bicycling should be enough to get you warmed up. You only really need enough to break a sweat. You'll find your lower back warms up with the rest of you.

DB bench is always hard to increment when you are first starting out (or starting back again). It's okay sometimes to do the same weights for several workouts in a row, then increment.

Squats, deads, bench, row -- not a bad routine. Keep at it and you'll find the weights start going up.

Remember: Patience; Discipline!

haven been replying been lazy posting , been going to the gym 3times / week , kinda rushed because im usually going to the gym before or after work. already on my 3rd day of 5rep max. finishing soon. and most probably gonna start doing cardio

Back