Training after breakfast

Avi1985

If i eat for breakfast 100 grams of quaker + nuts + raisin + whey protein shake + cinnamon. Is that ok to go 2 - 3 hours later to the gym?

It's OK with me.
laugh.gif
Seriously, on Sundays I go to the gym about 1.5 hrs. after waking up. I usually have a protein shake and a banana 45 mins. to an hour before and haven't had any problems.

It's quite good, actually. The only warning I'm aware of otherwise is for us older guys. "They" recommend us over 40 to wait 2 hrs after waking to work out, due to the possibility of aneurisms and strokes. Nutritionally, you're fine there.
I'd feel like I was starving though, if I weren't on this IF diet.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 03 2008,10:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's quite good, actually. The only warning I'm aware of otherwise is for us older guys. &quot;They&quot; recommend us over 40 to wait 2 hrs after waking to work out, due to the possibility of aneurisms and strokes. Nutritionally, you're fine there.
I'd feel like I was starving though, if I weren't on this IF diet.</div>
Thats not a problman. I mean that i eat when i wake up and 2-3 hours later go to gym.

When I work out after breakfast, I usually feel like I might die.
biggrin.gif

Today I had a fairly large breakfast (3dl of oats, 1/2 litre of skimmed chocolate milk, 1dl of cream, some flax, 1 scoop of whey), and then went to the gym about 2 hours later. Did one set of deadlifts (taking my new maxes at the moment), and felt completely knocked out. Had to wait almost fifteen minutes before I could even make an attempt at a second set, which failed miserably. I went home instead. I'll go back tomorrow, but NOT in the morning. If it works for you that's great though!

Back