Training in the Morning

kidkurious

Does anybody here train in the morning before going to work/school?

Are there any physiological benefits for training in the morning in comparison to afternoon and evening?

The only concern I have is the nutrition. When I wake up, I'll have 2 eggs and a bowl of oatmeal. I'll wait 45 mins for digestion. Then, I'll have a scoop of ON whey and wait another 15 mins before I begin training. I'm usually able to start training at 7:00AM.

My other concern is sleep. I have to wake up rather early due to this, and this causes me to get only about 7 hours of sleep the night before. I'll wake up tired, and it kinda makes me feel messed up.

I find that I do have enough energy to complete my workouts, but I wonder if I could be performing even better (therefore, achieving better results) if I wait until after work/school to go lift.

Is this a good approach?

I am no labcoat so I can only speak from experience. I workout in the morning, although not as early as you. The times I tried workout out after work I didn't perform as well as when I work out in the morning. It is not physical fatigue since I have a desk job, but it is more of a mental fatigue.
As far as nutrition goes, I think your plan is solid. All I can suggest is that you add (or move) a scoop of whey to 15-30 minutes after the workout.

Back