Tribulus effects on test and estrogen

Brian Withers

I don't want to use prohormones or anything that boosts my test levels beyond the normal range. However, tribulus claims to boost test into the high normal range (exactly what I'm after). However, I just read an article by Bryan Haycock that indicated that estrodial levels were increased beyond normal range. This doesn't seem like a good thing for bodybuilding. Anyone have any advice?

http://www.musclemonthly.com/article....nce.htm

I've tried both Tribex and Fuzu, noticed an increase of libido on Tribex, but that's about it.

I'd never read Bryan's piece on it. Interesting.

There are substances that (supposedly) can be used to control estrogen levels, like DIM (diindolymethane). This is "natural" too (occurs in cruciferous veggies). You'll have to read more about it to decide for yourself about whether it's worth your money. It doesn't really reduce estrogen, but it's supposed to promote healthy estrogen metabolism. (It's cheap at Beyond A Century. The raw powder is pretty much tasteless, and cheaper than caps.)

Maybe you can stack the two? I don't know. If you do, let us know how it goes.

There are PH-based anti-estrogens, like 6OXO from ErgoPharm. But since you are avoiding PHs, that probably isn't a viable option.

By the way, I'm not recommending this necessarily, but there's a product from San (Sann?) called EndoTest that is basically a tribulus/DIM stack, plus rhodiola rosea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've tried both Tribex and Fuzu, noticed an increase of libido on Tribex, but that's
about it.

I believe the increase in libido is from Avena Sativa.
It was a nice increase :)

Mikeh

Yeah, don't get me wrong here, I'm pretty skeptical of tribulus. I think some companies market herbal products that boost libido and then claim the the effects are due to increased test production (even though there is no evidence they really do).

I'm just saying, if you are going to experiment with tribulus, and you're worried about estrogen, and you don't want to use prohormones, you might stack it with something that minimizes any estrogenic problems -- so I suggested DIM.

Back