Triceps (power) pushdown

That is the only exercise I ever do for my tris. I don't like it much, and it doesn't seem to work my tris nearly as well as skullcrushers or close grip overhead presses; but it doesn't hurt my elbows.

i do those occasionally.
i prefer to stick with cl grip bench, dips, even sk. crushers but like everyone has mentioned over time (and a lot of wgt) elbows, shoulders etc feel the stain and need a break but this doesnt always coincide with an SD.

i think doing them stricter (not so much lean into) until you can get almost the whole stack for reps is better (for tri development) then just going for the stack right off. i would also recommend switching which side of the cable you place your head when you think youve reached 50% of the reps you can do(or alt sides with alt sets). the side opposite your head placement is generally slightly closer to the cable so it takes slightly more load. do two or three heavy sets and youll immed. tell. one tri is dead while the other is just worked.

Looks like a close grip decline bench the way the guy is doing it in the video. Good god look at the guys legs... they look like they belong to a starving ethiopian compared to his upper body.

I like the same exersizes as Blue, especially skullz. The CG bench is fun because of the big weights you can do. The narrow dips, however, are the ONE thing that bothers my els, so I deem these as the worst choice for me.
I dip for chest only, so wide most guys wouldn't even try it. At a gym, I take the power cage, set the safeties up at about rib height, put two barbells across them at the front and back, and dip off of those. That's about 3 feet. No triceps, all chest.

I look forward to seeing your video, faz...
smile.gif

Back