Tuna Sandwhich good or bad????

Iron freak

Is there anything wrong with eating wheat bread while trying to cut?? Iam try to drop about 40Ibs and I got to looking at the cal break down of tuna sandwhich and it looks good to me .
Here is what it says ;
2pc wheat bread
1 can tuna in water
1 tablespoon real mayo

the breakdown 261 cal, 4g fat ,25g carbs ,31 g pro
to make my dieting simple why couldent I just eat like 5 of these a day and throw in some veggies here and there .I would change to chicken breast for the meat in the sandwhich after geting burnt on tuna....So if I keep the cals down say around 1800 a day with this what bad or good do you think would come of this diet Thanks guys ...IF

I don't see a problem with this, there are certainly worse things to eat. I'd suggest more variety for your own personal sanity. Make sure you use a wheat bread with a high fiber count at the least. A lot of companies simply dye their standard white bread into a brown color and call it wheat bread.
As you seem to know, the most important factor in a diet is overall calories.
Beyond that, as Lyle points out, it's important to get adequate protein and meet EFA requirements. Aside from that, do whatever you have to do to make sure you can adhere to the diet for a significant amount of time. If that means 5 tuna or chicken sandwhiches per day, so be it.
If you aren't already, I would also make sure to keep total fat intake to at least 25% or more of total calories. This will help soften the inevitable drop in some hormones (like testosterone).

Thanks King .I think my bigest problem when I diet is I dont have the time needed to watch every little thing I eat all day every day. So I know I need the protien fat and carbs and I love tuna and chicken sandwhich's so if I can keep it simple and lose the weight great .The bread really keeps my hunger down and I like that .I will be taking in about 1800 cal a day on this .I weigh in now at about 228 22-25%bf 5'11 .I want to cut down to 185 by 2/15/04 so thats about 3 in a half mo .Thanks again

Back