two simple questions

boggy

1)While bulking can I skip PreBed meal (obviously moving those calories earlyer in the day)?
2)If I stop eating red meat replacing it with poultry/turkey do i lose anything important?

Thx for quick answer
happy.gif

Pre bed meal was starting to affect my sleep...i'm really glad to cut it down (ahhh huge dinners are coming...)

1) yes
2) Why remove red meat?
Probably wont make much of a difference, but it tastes sooooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :D

Moooooo

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why remove red meat?
i'm doing experiments because sometimes i have digesting problems and so i was looking for the cause.Maybe I am intollerant to red meat (I hope not bcause I love it)...just trying...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (boggy @ June 27 2003,12:00)]2)If I stop eating red meat replacing it with poultry/turkey do i lose anything important?
It will make a BIG difference...alot less animal fat...that's a good thing. Think beyond big muscles.

Randy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Randy @ June 29 2003,11:44)]It will make a BIG difference...alot less animal fat...that's a good thing. Think beyond big muscles.
Randy
Lean red meats have similar fat quantities to turkey and chicken.

Is kangaroo red meat? :)

What makes red meat sooooooo tastey IS the fat, imho. Take away the fat and you're left with dry leathery stuff that can't compete with the taste of chicken/turkey.

Randy

Wouldn't skipping a pre-bed meal make you cataboic? What about a meal in the middle of the night?

I dont think that it will make much of a difference as long as hes getting adequate energy and protein throughout the day.

The body tends to average things out on you.

If you have a stronger fasting period -- i.e., no pre-bed meal or midnight snax, and your body will be more anabolic in response to daytime food.

If you have a whole fasting day, your body will be much more anabolic when you eat the day after.

Focus most on your nutrition immediately around your workout (protein sups), and then focus on your overall calorie averages. Your body smooths out the bumps more than you would like to think.

Back