use of topical ph's

G

how exactly do you use a topical ph gel...

where do you put it on?! doesnt it matter? just on the muscles you want to train? a ceratin place? all of it on the same spot?

You will typically apply it to areas with no (or very little) hair, so you get maximum absorption & nothing left on the hair. You most likely are using a systemic PH, so it's not applied directly to any specific muscle area. If you WERE using something like Sytenhance (a new local PH) it would be applied to just the target muscle(s).

Most are applied twice daily, roughly 12 hours apart, essentially applying your half your daily dosing each time.

I apply to traps, delts, upper pecs & inner arms (biceps & forearms), stomach and top of feet. It's a good idea to rotate spots every day or two as it can irritate & dry out the skin.

You also want to apply it in a larger area to maximize & speed the absorption.

It gets harder when you have 2 topicals going at the same time, unless you are void of most body hair (unlike me).

It also doesn't hurt to shower before applying each time, and using a luffa to scrub the application site to remove dead skin & dirt/oils, for better absorption.

It's also a good idea to use latex (surgical) gloves when applying, to avoid getting it on your hands and then into your eyes, mouth, etc.

And if you have a cycle of any length, I can tell you it does get a little tiresome doing it twice a day.

Hope this helps.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arbitro @ Nov. 08 2003,5:57)]You will typically apply it to areas with no (or very little) hair, so you get maximum absorption & nothing left on the hair. You most likely are using a systemic PH, so it's not applied directly to any specific muscle area. If you WERE using something like Sytenhance (a new local PH) it would be applied to just the target muscle(s).
Most are applied twice daily, roughly 12 hours apart, essentially applying your half your daily dosing each time.
I apply to traps, delts, upper pecs & inner arms (biceps & forearms), stomach and top of feet. It's a good idea to rotate spots every day or two as it can irritate & dry out the skin.
You also want to apply it in a larger area to maximize & speed the absorption.
It gets harder when you have 2 topicals going at the same time, unless you are void of most body hair (unlike me).
It also doesn't hurt to shower before applying each time, and using a luffa to scrub the application site to remove dead skin & dirt/oils, for better absorption.
It's also a good idea to use latex (surgical) gloves when applying, to avoid getting it on your hands and then into your eyes, mouth, etc.
And if you have a cycle of any length, I can tell you it does get a little tiresome doing it twice a day.
Hope this helps.
Very thorough, Arb.

I'd just add that "thin-skinned" areas are best. Examples are tops of feet, behind teh knees, inside of forearms, etc.

Back