Utilisation of Creatine

NoMercy

Hello everyone !
Diabetics can use Creatine or not ?
If yes , it is only pure creatine ?
If no , Why ?

I hope you will be able to answer me !

Thanks

I don't think the creatine would be a problem. Some brands though may have a 'transport matrix' which could include a lot of carbs though, so I'd watch out for that and just get pure monohydrate unless someone else has something to add.

I think you need an insulin spike for creatine to do it's job, which means taking some kind of simple carb beforehand.

<div>
(NoMercy @ May 04 2006,17:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hello everyone !  
Diabetics can use Creatine or not ?
If yes , it is only pure creatine ?
If no , Why ?

I hope you will be able to answer me !

Thanks</div>
Some research shows it MAY be beneficial in Type 1 and II and some shows no change whatsoever, I think that what they are hoping to find is the guanidine group in creatine may act similar to the biguanidine drug Metformin. Also understand that traiing and exercise also helps with diabetes so it's hard to say if the creatine would be additive to increasing sensitivity, beyond what exercise does. But I would consult with your doctor before taking anything as he would at least know your intent and monitor your condition.

<div>
(edgeArchitect  Posted on May 08 2006 @ 13:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I think you need an insulin spike for creatine to do it's job, which means taking some kind of simple carb beforehand. </div> Insulin does help but only if there is a need, if the transporter is already saturated then it doesn't matter if you take it with carbs or not, it doesn't help. Also you can increase the creatine levels without taking large amounts of carbs.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ May 08 2006,22:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Insulin does help but only if there is a need, if the transporter is already saturated then it doesn't matter if you take it with carbs or not, it doesn't help. Also you can increase the creatine levels without taking large amounts of carbs.</div>
Hhhm...

what amout of carbs per pound of bodyweight is enough to saturate the transporter?
tounge.gif

I think im right in saying that its not a certain amount of carbs that saturates the transporter, its a certain amount of creatine. Basically insulin isnt a magic way of getting more creatine into your muscles, once its full, its full.

Back