Water in, and out...

Sniggel

I´m Bulking, I am using Creatine and of course, Training So I need extra water for 3 reasons.
I drink a lot because I am thirsty, but I find that its not enough since I often wake up in the night and the next day feeling dehydrated so I drink even more. I think I drink 1-2 liters more than my thirst tells me to drink. I need this avoid getting headaches and feeling exhasuted in the morning and early day.
But this has the effect that I also pee a lot. In the night I need to go up and pee (2-3 times) but I am also at the same time thirsty so I drink every time I interrupt my sleep. I also pee when I wake up and several times during the day.

Can I do something about it? Can I do something to retain more of the water?
Maybe I could use more salt because I dont use salt at all in my food.
Add a little salt in my shaker per and post trining perhaps?

And no, I am not developing diabetes or anything like it, I am sure of that. Dont have this problem when I´m eating normal amounts of food (and drinking normally).

Maybe this is normal while bulking and I just need to stand it until the end?

how much are you drinking each day?
dont try to guess either as that is way to subjective. just drink from a measured container for a day or 2 and get an idea.

perhaps your feeling of thirst is not related to dehydration or somehow linked to the creatine usage. when bulking i forget what real thirst and hunger feel like since i eat 6 times a day on a sched (not waiting for hunger) and drink constantly (1-2 gallons of water a day) not waiting for thirst. your right about the need to pee constantly (even at night) so it makes me wonder. if your well over a gallon of H2O a day then i would think dehydration is unlikely. if your under then perhaps thats the problem.

i dont use creatine anymore so i cant comment other then to say i dont recall feeling like you did when i did take it. hopefully others will have some input.

good luck

Ok. Yesterday I drank (what I remember, it might have been more, but not less):
0.6 (filled shaker with water in the morning)
0.4 (2 big glasses (milk and juice) with the "brunch")
0.4 (2 big glasses (milk and juice) with the dinner)
0.4 (Intake of 5g creatine+maltodextrin plus water in a shaker)
0.4 (Intake of free amino acids plus maltodextrin in water pre-training)
0.5 (intake of milk + whey in shaker during training)
0.6 (intake of water in shaker during training)
0.4 (2 big glasses (milk and juice) during post training food)
(Also had a quark+banana+raisins+müsli drink with some water in, but that wasnt much water)
0.6 (water in shaker before going to bed)

Which is a minimum of 4.3 liters of fluid (how much is a gallon?). I was up 4 times to pee this night, also sweated a lot.
Also I did not feel dehydrated when I woke up today, only thirsty, so I drank a big glass of water and felt fine after that.
smile.gif

Maybe I just have to think about drinking a lot and at least I dont have to feel dehydrated if I do. The peeing I guess I can stand as long as its not a sign of something is wrong.

it is the impurities in creatine, creatinine. If your kidneys are healthy there is no need to cut on salt, assuming you don´t eat stupid. I swithced creatine and my peeing party vaporized. I switched to KreAlkyl.

I am not in any way giving you medical advice, btw. I drink aboiut 5 liters of fluid a day and have no pee parties since switching creatine.

if memory serves, a quart and a liter are very similar measurements. a liter being slightly more. 4 quarts make a gallon so.... it looks like you are taking in a little over a gallon of liquid a day. it also appears that out of that gallon only 2 1/2 are liters or a bit over 1/2 gallon is actually water and that is usually mixed with something.

ive always read only count water towards your intake (not milk,soda,etc) so perhaps this is part of your problem. honestly, i think adding a bit more water (straight) can help you in a number of ways but it doesnt appear that you should be in the dehydration catagory.

perhaps the type of creatine (as mentioned by drp) is an issue, but do try to add a few more glasses of water through out the day as all types of creatine recomm. at least a gal of water a day when taking (again if memory serves)

good luck

Drpierre: As a matter of fact I also have Kre-Alkalyn at home, I could try using it for a couple of days to see if I notice any difference.

And on the salt issue: I am certain that I eat a lot less salt than the average guy here in Sweden. I really dont like the taste of salt, so i prefer my potatoes/pasta/rice without salt.
But I can try to add more salt to the food as well just to see if it has an effect. I will switch Creatine first though.
Thanks for your input.

there are other ways of getting salt besides table salt. You guys got Salmon up there?
cool.gif

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Nov. 22 2006,21:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">there are other ways of getting salt besides table salt. You guys got Salmon up there?
cool.gif
</div>
Yup, I love that fish!
Problem is I dont decide on what food we eat, (currently unemplyed living with dad :-/)
When I have my own economy, my diet will change very dramatically
biggrin.gif

Lol I own the food department in the house even though my parents provide the money. That's because they know they aren't eating crap when i buy the food+i am a good cook.

As far as dehydration and drinking more......I have an Eddie Bauer  water bottle that holds like 25oz of water. I find it is much easier to drink room temperature water inside that jug more than any other way conceivable. On school days i am able to drink about 40oz of water in about 2 hours.

Dont drink more than a cup of liquid 2 hours b4 bed or you will probably wake up in the middle of your sleep.

The thing is. I pee several hours after my major fluid intake. I drink large amounts of water around the training, and I dont feel the need to pee for several hours. I eat, 1-3 times, and then in the night, it comes over and over and over (and over) again. Im quite used to it now, but I dont feel dehydrated in the morning anymore so I´m ok with it.
wink.gif

Wow.....if i ate 3 times a day.....I would get too hungry and shaky. I eat whenever i am hungry, that way I know my body is utilizing the nutrients better than it is from eating 3 big meals.

Ok, thats not what i meant
tounge.gif

I eat 1-3 times after my workout. And 2-3 times before (and all the protein drinks and stuff)

Haha, ok. That makes a huge difference. Cept i workout at around 7-9 at night which when I feel I am the strongest. So i only eat around 1-2 meals(including a protein shake).

Back