Weight loss during SD

boggy

What is the normal weight drop after an SD week?I mean how less can I weight after SD without having lost lean mass?(water glicogen etc.)
Just to know if I lost muscle and hence if my kcal were too low.

At weights between 210 and 230, I would lose three to five pounds.

I wouldn't say!

The thing to do is see how much weight you regain after one or two workouts of your next cycle.

Today it's my 7th SD day and this morning I weighted again.
F**KING SD, I have lost every single pound I gained during my cycle!!
Just aweek ago I weighted exactly 65,4kg (143,88)and this morning my weight was exactly 64kg (140,8)!!
(i weight myself always as soon as I wake up at the same hour)

And now what should I do?Eat more stop Sd?
I should do another sd week..

During my last cycle, I wasn't able to go to the gym for a week, but I still didn't end my cycle there. I lost the 2 lbs that I had gained for that cycle in one week. But, when I started back up again (I think it was the beginning of 5's), By the end of that week, I had gained back the 2 lbs. I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you're not going too hypocaloric during your SD of course.

Sean

Even if I regain those pounds as soon as I start lifting again it would mean that during my last cycle I haven't actually gained muscle but only water and glycogen...not a big deal I would say.
sneaky2.gif

what do u think about? I'm really sick of this weight zig zagging, it's almost an year since I get weight while lifting and I lose everything while resting (this happened also before HST when I trained HIT).

My guess is that you simply aren't eating enough, whether to grow or to maintain during your SD. Eat more!

If you gain 0.5 lean kg every cycle and do 5 cycles / year, then in 5 years you will have gained 12.5 muscular kg which will be a tremendous change to your physique. This is what most people should expect, and that only if they do everything by the book (training, nutrition etc.). And 0.5 kg do not easily show on the scale or the mirror. If you eat 200gr less carbs today than what you ate yesterday you may lose 1 kg of water and actually weigh less than what you expect. If you eat more salt one day you will hold water and you will think it's muscle. There are days when your food weighs 1-2kg more or less than usual and you can misinterpet this weight too.

The truth is that rarely we have the opportunity to watch a spectacular change (beginners, juice, etc), and great bodies are built day by day, set by set. Don't get dissapointed. Compare measurements and photos that are 6 months away for a more obvious change to reflect.

Boggy, finish out your SD. Get 9 to 12 days between your last workout and your next.

I'm confident that you will regain those 1.4 Kg within your first week back. That will give you many, many more weeks during your cycle during which you will gain additional muscle. Stick with it and you'll see.

Really thanks for all your replyes anyway
this morning my weight lowered again (another -0,2kg which brings me under last cycle beginning) so I upped my kcal at 2000.I will stay with that calories until next monday,when I'm going to start new cycle,and I will see what happens.

micmic
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] If you eat 200gr less carbs today than what you ate yesterday you may lose 1 kg of water and actually weigh less than what you expect. If you eat more salt one day you will hold water and you will think it's muscle. There are days when your food weighs 1-2kg more or less than usual and you can misinterpet this weight too.
I know there are a lot of things that can change my bodyweight in the short but the problem here is that since I started sd (i.e over a single week) i've been losing 0,2kg every day with an unbelivable regularity without almost any change in my diet (except amount of foods)and I'm very strict with my diet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]boggy, this morning my weight lowered again (another -0,2kg which brings
me under last cycle beginning) so I upped my kcal at 2000

butbut.gif
at 144 lbs I would think your maintenance would be at least 2000 cals
(BW x14 = kcals)

I know this is too later but at the end of your cycle eat around 2300 kcals and
see if you can keep your gains. IF NOT your eating under your maintenance level.

I would eat more
The estimations of caloric requirements seem to work a bit odd in the relatively small (sorry) and the relatively large)
Because when your smaller, you still have the same organs (the largest calorie users) but less muscle, and when you are bigger you have the same organ requirements (Slightly higher maybe, but not in proportion to bodyweight) but larger muscle mass (that isnt anywhere as metabolically active as your organs)
So the estiamtions would underestimate smaller peoples requirements, and over estimate heavier people.
in theory, if i have explained it clearly enuff.

You explained well Aaron, next cycle I wont commit the same error.
Lol this morning my weight was another 0,2kg lower (now I'm 63,6 and probably tmorrow 63,4...),that's really funny(mmm maybe funny is not the proper word here..), it's like my body has some kind of program,every day I lose exactly 0,2kg with a clock precision (and I check my weight with a digital device).I never weighted daily before during rest periods
and I couldnt believe that such a fast an precise change could happen.
Anyway at least this experience taught me something more about my body (at least I hope) and going on this way in a couple of cycles I should have known exactly my mainteinance and bulking calories.

My weight can fluctuate by 2-3kg on a day to day basis, and even from morning to the evening. Nothing to worry about, it is affected by hydration, electrolyte balance, what you've been eating, and a few other factors - it isn't really muscle.

And I really have to agree that you're not eating enough. Aim for at least 2800kcals to grow, maybe more...this also depends on how much you're eating now in order to maintain weight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (boggy @ June 05 2003,12:35)]Anyway at least this experience taught me something more about my body (at least I hope) and going on this way in a couple of cycles I should have known exactly my mainteinance and bulking calories.
Learning about your body is a useful experience, it take awhile to get to know how it reacts, to training nutrition etc

Back