weightlifting shoes

Just ordered some of these, especially for doing front squats and building monster quads. These are form WerksanUSA for only $89, which is cheap considering the average pair go for $150 or so.
WerksanLeatherShoes-192x200.jpg

Sci, I saw your post about getting these on Strength Mills forum. No response to mine yet. Can't get those shoes over here so will likely opt for the Adidas Iron Work II ones (80 GBP - equivalent to ~US$160).

How are you finding them for lifting in compared to regular trainers?

I like them. Its easier to go deep and feels more solid with the wooden heels planted on sticky rubber. I wouldn't want ot squat without them now!

My advice, get at least a 1/2 size smaller than your usual shoe size. Mine are slightly loose at the heel and if I had to order them again I would order a half size down or maybe even a full size down to get a real snug fit.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Feb. 06 2008,16:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My advice, get at least a 1/2 size smaller than your usual shoe size.  Mine are slightly loose at the heel and if I had to order them again I would order a half size down or maybe even a full size down to get a real snug fit.</div>
Darn, I never expected you to say that. Someone else suggested I go a half size up from my usual size! I may be able to get my local sports store to order them in and change them for a different size if they are too big or small.

I guess all shoe manufacturers have their own take on what constitutes a size 10. My trainers are generally a size or half a size smaller than my regular leather shoes but feel about the same. I have quite wide feet so I tend to need a size up from what my foot length would usually require to get a comfy fit; trainers tend to be more stretchy so I can get away with a shoe nearer the correct length.

If I remember correctly, I think that one of the sites selling the Adidas shoes recommended that you get the same size you wear in dress shoes rather than the size you wear in tennis shoes. Which makes sense since they are constructed much more like a dress shoe than a tennis shoe. But I don't remember which site I saw that recommendation on.

I have just ordered my Adidas Iron Work II shoes in a size 10. Someone recommended that I should go a half size up from my regular shoe size and Sci suggested going a half size lower so I split the difference and went for my usual dress shoe size! I read the same info as Bulldog too. Darn, I wish I could try them on first.

537990lg.jpg

I'll report on how they fit once they arrive.

=================================

Well, the size 10s were too small. I have size 10.5 on the way now. They are supposed to be a snug fit but the 10s were uncomfortably tight. The length was just about OK but my feet are quite wide.

=================================

I now have the 10.5s. Can't say they are comfortable to wear at all; still very tight across the width of each foot, even without doing up the laces or the straps. The length is fine; feet can't slide forward or back. I will assume that over time they will mould to my feet and fit a little better.

Anyway, they are definitely the most expensive, uncomfortable shoes I have ever bought!  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

This is the image that's missing from my post above:

537990-01.jpg

The 10.5s have become very comfortable after a year and more of regular use. Just about the right size. Definitely not too big.

Back