weights stuck

shakeel

mymax for tris extension is 40kgs for 5repsmax.after 3 cycles i cannot increase the weights more than 40 kgs.am stuck.does that mean my tris wont get any bigger anymore
as the weight will remain the same?any wiews?

another question is to use a 4 reps max and perform 3 sets of
3 reps not to failure,the idea is to use a more heavy load that
5 reps e.g 3 reps but do 3sets to increase,tut.any ideas?
thanks

If you do bench and shoulder presses before extensions, then probably your triceps are getting a very good workout before the tri ext. If everything else is progressing there's no need to worry. You could try to move extensions at the beginning of the workout though.

I don't think you should be going as low as 3 reps - that would only serve to increase CNS stress while lowering volume. See if you can switch to negatives instead, using a dumbell. Are you doing these lying down or sitting upright? I prefer the latter to get a good stretch.

The purpose of SD is to allow recycling of lighter loads, so you don't necessarily have to increase your maximum loads from cycle to cycle to increase muscle mass. Try optimizing your increments instead of focusing on your RM - it's just a number. ;)

I'd move this to the HST forum if I had mod status in this forum - this doesn't have anything to do with 'Protein, Carbs, Fats' . And try to 'bump' your thread instead of posting a new one with the exact same question, it clutters up the board when people begin responding in the different threads.

Back