Weird cravings

quadancer

This is gonna sound silly I guess, but I've been craving and putting hot sauce on just about everything lately, and I've gone from a usually medium heat on Mexi dishes guy to a dumpthebottlemakeitsteam guy...and there's a penalty at the other end too, but I'm enjoying my new eating ability: I'm using hot stuff that would have sent me athsmatic or something!

I wonder what the heck is going on! Am I turning Latino? Or is my bod trying to tell me something?

My wife is of mexican descent (both parents born in mexico then immigrated to U.S. before having her) so I'm somewhat familiar with mexican cuisine , they dont put much meat in anything compared to Americans and the peppers added to certain dishes are so hot that it seems like an exersize in ego more than an actual flavoring. Both myself and our kids (two girls) quake with fear whenever she (the wife) announces that she'll be cooking mexican that night but self preservation dictates that we all smile and declare it the most delicious meal ever!
tounge.gif

No heartburn or any problems whatsoever. I get satisfied (the craving) near the end of a meal. Stuff like TackyBell's "Fire" sauce is now my mild to medium. It used to nearly max me out. This thing is happening to my taste buds too, evidently.
I just stopped in at the Bell today...took four packs of Fire sauce to "flavor" two gorditas.
That would have only taken two packs of medium back before I became a MAN!  
laugh.gif

I really don't know what this is, but I'm really enjoying it!

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 16 2007,21:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No heartburn or any problems whatsoever. I get satisfied (the craving) near the end of a meal. Stuff like TackyBell's &quot;Fire&quot; sauce is now my mild to medium. It used to nearly max me out. This thing is happening to my taste buds too, evidently.
I just stopped in at the Bell today...took four packs of Fire sauce to &quot;flavor&quot; two gorditas.
That would have only taken two packs of medium back before I became a MAN!  
laugh.gif

I really don't know what this is, but I'm really enjoying it!</div>
You are a spice wuss. So-called &quot;fire&quot; sauce is barely hot at all at Taco Bell. Pathetic. Try eating habanero pepper sauce...it will burn your tongue out of your mouth.
You are just starting to toughen up and enjoy the 'heat' of truly strong peppers.
I have been eating 'hot' food for years, although not on a daily basis like some really hardcore Mexicans and Southeast Asians. Thai food in particular has become a regular for me, very HOT stuff.

habenero's are spicey, but are not the best pepper on flavor (however, I do use them in my chilli).

Just like lifting, spicey peppers are addictive and you eventually build your way up to the big boys! You'll be spicing up your food more and more often until the next thing you know you are cooking with habeneros!

PS - I believe hot peppers can boost metabolism, but I could be wrong.

mmm, scotch bonnet peppers
biggrin.gif
Hot enough to irritate my skin, unless I coat my hands in oil before chopping...

Back