Westside Questions

mj0llnir

In the westside system of PL, do you base your percentage for dynamic effort day on a percentage of your tested maximum in a given movement, or your desired maximum?

For instance, my maximum flat bench is 350lbs. I'd like to move to 365lb. Would I begin training at 50% of my current, tested max, or would I train at 50% of my desired max?

Has anyone on this board broken any barriers using this system? Quantify your strength gains, please.

well, my ideal bench press goal is 900 pounds, but since I can't even do 300, I wouldn't use 450. Use half (or whatever) of what you can actually do. And it's not that big a deal. Do you really think that 7.5 pound difference would matter that much?

use whatever % of your current max

The westside style sytem can provide good results, or crap results.

The proof is in the baking.

Thanks Aaron.

I have decent nutritional habits, usually get adequate rest, and have a high tolerance to volume.

In your experience, are one of these factors make or break with regard to this type of training?

Having a tolerance to high intensity work relatively frequently...

or learn to take a break every few weeks so everything doesnt get screwed up

I'm tolerant to frequent intensity too.

I think I'm going to give westside a go either in August or December.

I've got some research and planning ahead of me.

percentage of test result maxes

keep in mind to optimal perc for dynamic day varies. It will also be different when using chains or bands.

Used in the appropriate manner ws protocol can be very benefical in regards to speed strength,and absolute strength

coach hale
www.maxcondition.com

Back