What are the most effective supplements you've use

Toma

What would you say are the MOST effective supplements you've used. Ones that you can really say you felt & Noticed a real change in your strength, size, weight loss or performance by using them.

Thanks,
Tom

Creatine, EFAs, Protein powder, ample food. The last one is a biggie ;)

From my own experience I have noticed the most noticiable physical "effect" / benefit from:

1. A good protein supplement. I think a major improvement as far as I am concerned has been the inclusion of a pre & post workout drink. Thats why I'm so excited to try Primer & Driver as it seems that Brian has really researched this area and created a quality product specifically designed for this unique window of opportunity.

2. EFA's This one was a sleeper, but I do notice a big difference in my energy levels, strength, and even my skin, when taking it regularly. 2 of my favorites are Udo's Special Blend and a new one by Seranno Labs called Omega 3. I'm sure other blends work well too.

3. Creatine (but only my first cycle) I had tremedous pumps for 3 weeks... just moving would create a pump :) I was in heaven... After that. I have never noticed anything except a possible strength increase. But there is enough research that i believe it is helpful to cycle it in

4. ECA Stack: Yes A true ECA stack does seem to work, at least for me. At least energy wise. It is one of the few supplements I noticed a realy physical effect from. Increased workout energy mostly. As far as weight loss? Maybe a side effect of the increased energy during my workout.

5. BCAA's: they give me extra workout endurance & a great pump when taken pre & during my workout. I like Beverly's.

6. Vitamin Although I don't "feel" it, there seems to be enough evidence to take one just to cover the bases.

I've tried lots of other supplemets over the last several years... Ya ..I've been suckered in... and I've come to the soending money on. Good Quality Proteins from a reputable source being a primary one, and the above mentioned ones for me.
The rest? well if you have disposable income I guess you can give them a try, but my guess is most will give you minimal results if any at all, at east thats been my experience.

Tom

I would say the biggest thing that helped me was protein shakes and food. Good food and freakin lots of it..

Steak, chicken, cottage cheese and tuna.
Oats, brown rice and potatos.

Seriously, eat a lot of good quality food... no sugar, no simple carbs (avoid wheat products) no bad meats (no pork, no fatty cow products)....

eat a lot and eat good.

oh and sleep. got to have a good bed,no noise, no lights.

sleep, eat ,workout, eat, sleep - repeat

Food. Period. Sure i use protein powder, have for a little while now. Used it when i didn't have a good diet, and then i used it when i had a set diet plan. When did i put on the most muscle? Let me tell you that diet plan put on muscle faster than the 3 years lifting without it. Not a joke! What a waste! That's okay, atleast i know now. Most teens wont know for years to come still.

I've also made my best gains when i started eating ground beef as all my meat. Sure it could be the added calories from the fat, but honestly many old timers like Dave Draper and others swear red meat is an "aggressive muscle builder." And i believe it. It's full of creatine and b-vitamins as far as i know, and i'm sure other stuff. It's also been known to increase testosterone (as far as i know).

Lance

Back