What does your pre and post nutrition look like?

Andy741

I was wondering what people take and what their timing is.

I take a cup of powdered sugar and add it to about 3 cups of water, add some vanilla and coconut extract and divide it into 3 servings.

I add 2 tblspns creatine to the first drink and take that about a half hour before workout with a half can of tuna.

Right before working out, I drink the second cup.

During the workout, I drink a separate concoction of powdered sugar and add a packet of gelatin to it.

Right after the workout I take the 3rd cup with a half can of salmon mixed with two tblspns of cod liver oil.

That's pretty much it.

The gelatin was just a random experimentation, but I think I'll try it again.

Andy,

this was one area I was failing in. I read the ABC Bodybuilding article in this forum. I used to have a post shake of WPI and WPC blend, I now take a purpose designed shake approx 1 hour before, water during my work out and a shake as soon as I have completed. However recomendations are to spread the post shake over a 45 min period but consume 30% as soon as finished, so i'm giving this a try.

Here is a make up of the shake.

80 gram serve
protien 30 gms ionised WPI
Carbohydrate total 47 gms Dextrose Maltodextrin and some Furctose.
Sugars 32gms
Fat total 0.1
saturated 0.06
Caffeine 16mg
Chromium15mcg

Also I take 5 gms of Creatine per and post and 5 gms Glutamine post.

I have only started to take this so I have no results to post.

Today I had

A WPC, milk and chocolate flavouring shake + a paddlepop Spiderman Iceblock preworkout

afterwards I had some yoghurt, milk, cottage cheese and some raisin

pre: 30g whey
post: 30g whey+100g glucose+100g glucose a hour later, then slow protein some time after that before whey loses effect

Pre-Whey(Primer or ON)36 to 40 grams and Honey 2 Tbsp
During-Water
Post-Driver then Dinner 45min to an Hour later

Whey/maltodextrin (25/19) before. Whey/maltodextrin (25/19) & a glass of OJ after. Breakfast about 30 - 40 minutes later

PRE- 23 grams whey, 30 grams Dextrose + DicreatineMalate
POST- 23 grams whey, 30 grams Dextrose + DicreatineMalate
POST2- 23 grams whey, 1 tbsp honey

Forgive me, but...what are known foods/drinks with glucose?
Any place sell plain glucose?
*I have a feeling Im going to go "DOH!" when I get my answer.)
Sphinx.

I added fish oil, because in one of Bryan's writings he says,

"An emphasis on high glycemic carbs, complete readily digestible proteins such as whey, egg, or high quality casein, and essential fats such as fish or flax oil will meet the criteria for an effective post exercise meal."

Back