What exactly is Kindey Stones?

VIPER

I have heard that they are built up calcium deposits, but how do they form and why does a person get them. Would drinking about 8-10 glasses of milk aday have anything relation to them, or possibly make it worse?

they are built up calcium/mineral deposits..

My Dr. warned me about it as a possibility from drinking ALOT of milk on a regular basis.

i dunno for sure if he's right or just being caustious i would think a person working out requires MORE calcium then the avg person... plus if it's milk it wouldn't be as bad as the tablets or cheese...

i hope someone else attempts this question to.

OneMoreRep

What are kidney stones? How about maybe the most painfull experience you will ever have. They are usually either protein or calcium in composition, but unless you're genetically disposed, they only form under the rarest of conditions.

I had a very very small kidney stone once upon a time after I got very dehydrated and had been habitually drinking iced tea. (not a good idea... the oxalates sometimes contribute to kidney stones. there is a general correlation between kidney stones, and what is labeled as the 'iced tea belt' in the US). I rushed myself to the hospital in agonizing pain, only for the stone to break up before it was ever passed. Most people have nothing to worry about, even if they're drinking a lot of milk. The best advice is to stay well hydrated.

Back