What to alternate with military press?

• Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date
I

imported_etothepii

I'm still cutting, but I'm trying to plan my next bulking cycle. I'm planning on sort of a hybrid a/b routine, and I want something to alternate with military press. Here's some of my options:

Standing or seated dumb bell press
"Arnold" press
Upright rows

Not sure what else to consider. Any helpfull pro's and con's for the above exercises? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm alternating machine presses with standing bb presses. Similar but not identical in feel. The machine press is more like a press behind neck. If you can do upright rows without shoulder issues then they would be worth a shot. Just don't lift the bar too high - stop at around sternum level.

Incline presses with a very HIGH incline (torso almost vertical)...for some reason I can press almost as much as I can bench like this, hits the front delts and upper chest like crazy.

You might want to do something like have some sort of flat bench and military press in one session and dips and incline bench in the other (personally I would go for 30-45 degree incline.

That way you've got the delts and pecs fully covered...although you might want to add upright rows or lat raises as an assistance exercise.

I just like having 2 pressing and 2 pulling movements if doing a bodybuilding style routine, if you paired mil press with upright row then it would be 1 press and 3 pullng movements in one session.

Cheers

Rob

Back