when do you wear a lifting belt.

Zog

So I generally dislike wearing a lifting belt at all times as a feel it considerally weakens the back. Im getting back into deads and squats after some advice in a different thread and before when i was doing both I only wore it like the last 2 workouts in 5's and beyond on for deads and squats only.

Anyone have a similar dislike for lifting belts?

Was just kind of wondering in general when people incorparated them into HST.

There have been plenty of threads on this topic before:

Weight Belts
Is a belt necessary?

I even polled us HST'ers a while back on their opinions on belts: Poll

Zog, what it comes down to you is your personal comfort. You don't NEED a belt to lift properly. Correct form prefaced with good stretching is all you need!
cool.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 26 2007,12:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There have been plenty of threads on this topic before:

Weight Belts
Is a belt necessary?

I even polled us HST'ers a while back on their opinions on belts: Poll

Zog, what it comes down to you is your personal comfort. You don't NEED a belt to lift properly. Correct form prefaced with good stretching is all you need!
cool.gif
</div>
Sorry about not searching properly i just looked at the faqs and didnt see anything pinned.

Anyway, Im well aware that no one really &quot;needs&quot; to wear to a lifting belt with proper form. I never wear one when doing SLDL even when approaching 300+.

I was more just looking for a general consensus on when people who do use them incorporated them into their HST Training.

thanks for the quick response though.

Back