When to take creatine?

I

imported_geexter

Hello

Topic says it all im starting my second week of 15th's in my first cycle of hst.

I want to start taking creatine, now the I wonder where to start taking it if im gonna take if for 4-5 weeks... i think that from this sunday i'll do a 5day loading phase of 4x5g a day and after the 5 days ill keep 4 weeks of 1x5gr a day.

Is this ok?

Start taking it as soon as you get it. Why only 4 weeks on it? Just use it all the time, it doesn't have to be cycled.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ Sep. 12 2003,1:03)]Just use it all the time, it doesn't have to be cycled.

Really? What about during SD? I aways thought it was a good idea to go off during SD.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (navigator @ Sep. 12 2003,11:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ Sep. 12 2003,1<!--emo&amp;
wow.gif
)]Just use it all the time, it doesn't have to be cycled.
Really? What about during SD? I aways thought it was a good idea to go off during SD.
Why would you? Intramuscular creatine levels should be at the saturation point for it to do it's thing. And also, I read once a study that showed a decrease in muscle atrophy in patients imobilized in beds for extended periods of time with creatine supplementation so during longer SD's it might even serve to slow down any possible muscle atrophy. I have yet to see a good reason to cycle creatine.
My problem is that since I don't drink protein shakes during SD usually forget to take it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ Sep. 12 2003,4:56)]
[b said:
[b said:
wow.gif
Why would you? Intramuscular creatine levels should be at the saturation point for it to do it's thing. And also, I red once a study that showed a decrease in muscle atrophy in patients imobilized in beds for extended periods of time so during longer SD's it might even serve to slow down any possible muscle atrophy. I have yet to see a good reason to cycle creatine.
My problem is that since I don't drink protein shakes during SD usually forget to take it.
my understanding is that it takes a few weeks for creatine levels to return to normal, so its probably not a big deal if you miss some of the creatine doses during sd

[b said:
Quote[/b] (spartacus @ Sep. 13 2003,12:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ Sep. 12 2003,4:56)]
[b said:
[b said:
wow.gif
Why would you? Intramuscular creatine levels should be at the saturation point for it to do it's thing. And also, I red once a study that showed a decrease in muscle atrophy in patients imobilized in beds for extended periods of time so during longer SD's it might even serve to slow down any possible muscle atrophy. I have yet to see a good reason to cycle creatine.
my understanding is that it takes a few weeks for creatine levels to return to normal, so its probably not a big deal if you miss some of the creatine doses during sd
I also think so. If I recall correctly it takes something like three weeks for levels to drop, but I'm not sure at all.

I think the turnover rate of creatine to creatinine is only like 1-2% per day so it takes a while to return to baseline creatine levels after supplementation. Missing a day or two won't make much of a difference and you could always just take a loading dose or two if you're really worried about it :)

Back