Where does creating monohydrate sups come from?

novicio

Hi,

I've been going through some old threads on creatine but there's something that I'm still un-sure of:

If I buy a creatine mono supplement in a store, where did that stuff actually come from? Did they blend some chemicals together to make it? Did they take aminos from a natural source e.g soy or whey and from that combine and form creatine?

Sorry if this a totally noob question but its something that I wanted to understand before taking the stuff. It took me a while before I took whey the first time because I had to understand where it came from.

Thanks for your answers.

Never thought about it. Mine comes from a big gray tub. Where "they" got it from...I have no idea.

But I know you can get it naturally from your diet by eating red meat. White meat?? I don't know. I eat a steak a day just to be safe.

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Jan. 16 2007,08:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">http://www.getkre-alkalyn.com/

Go here and read-up under the Ask Scientist tab, i think it has all the necessary info. Disregard the marketing push for Kre-Alkalyn, the info available there is rather detailed.</div>
Interesting info on that site!

I always just assumed they killed baby seals and squeezed it out of their eye balls!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(etothepii @ Jan. 16 2007,09:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I always just assumed they killed baby seals and squeezed it out of their eye balls!
biggrin.gif
</div>
I've been supplementing my &quot;gray tub&quot; creatine with vegans. I eat one vegan a day and it cuts down on my soreness and really helps with gains. Red meat, with creatine in it, and low fat &amp; healthy.

I just found some info on a manufacturer site.

Apparently its made from non-animal materials (vegies I hope) and is &quot;synthetically produced&quot;.

I'm not a vegetarian but if something is deemed suitable for vegetarians, which this specific creatine formula was, then at least its not made of suspect animal flesh. Not sure about other formulas, I asssume they're the same.

Back