Whole Wheat Pasta

Scooper182

Hey,
Does anyone have any opinions/scientific facts on Whole Wheat Blend Pasta?  I LOVE pasta and I simply will never give it up.  I know refined carbs like regular pasta are not the healthy kind I should be eating in my diet, so I decided to try this:
Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Pasta.  Here are the ingredients: Semolina(wheat), Wheat Bran, Wheat Fiber, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.  
The pasta was delicious. :)
Again, any opinions or research on wheat pasta?

I like wheat pasta, I will actually be having some tonight for dinner with a bunch of meatballs. I have a pretty fast metabolism so I can eat it even if I am cutting.

When I am bulking I sometimes go back to regular pasta, but not too much as I love eating huge portions and try to limit the fat I put on when bulking.

It really comes down to a personal thing just like everything else with lifting.

Are you cutting or bulking?
Are you sensitive to carbs?
Do you have a high metabolism?

Thanks for the response. To answer your questions, I am a 19 year old male, 5'5", 130 pounds. I have a high metabolism, am not sensitive to carbs and I am trying to bulk. In fact, I just ordered some protein and creatine and am currently using this week to accurately measure my maxes. I really look forward to giving this program a try (my only experience is a three month stint with HIT that produced great strength gains, but no size at all. I'm guessing my strength gains had more to do with the CNS becoming more efficient than actual muscle hypertrophy.) I know I need alot of calories and have adjusted my diet accordingly (shooting for about 2250. Again, I'm only 130 pounds and very little is fat). The reason I will stay on wheat pasta and not regular is because I visibly have little to no fat anywhere else EXCEPT for this little layer around my abdomen, preventing a truly visible six pack. Even during the track season in high school, I was NEVER able to lose this stubborn little layer!

Back