Will Bicycling Effect My HST Cycle?

I

imported_etothepii

I have gotten addicted to road cycling. I plan on doing 15 miles on non-lifting days, at 18-19 mph pace. Any idea on how this will effect the quads and their response to lower body lifts? I know it will burn crazy calories, but I plan on eating to compensate.

Thanks for any input!

so it should take you less than an hour,i dont think that is to bad just make sure your diet is good.

this is pre weights cycling so its different but interesting.

Order of endurance/strength training: "It has been suggested that strength training should be performed first, in order not to compromise the quality of the strength-training session.[194] However, this order may not necessarily be the best choice for inducing increases in muscle mass. Deakin[195] investigated the impact of the order of exercise in combined strength and endurance training and reported that gene expression associated with muscle hypertrophy responded more strongly when cycling was performed before strength training, instead of vice versa. Interestingly, in the study of Sale et al.,[111] performing cycling first seemed to induce the greatest increase in muscle area. Still, because the lack of studies investigating the effects of the order of exercise in concurrent training on hypertrophy, no firm conclusions can be drawn on this issue."

Back