Cortisol

Mindwraith

Is there anything short of a blue valium to reduce the cortisol caused by intense mental and emotional stress that I've endured over the past month and a half now? I've been trying to lose another inch and a half off my belly with a diet that is normally very effective and recently I came to a stand still where normally I continue losing fat due to this ongoing never ending trauma in my life. I hear these commercials for cortislim but I don't think the "bark" or whatever it contains does what it says, I can't imagine that its really all that effective or even does anything, anybody have any ideas?

Cortislim is a scam and cortisol is not responsible for belly fat.
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cortislim is a scam and cortisol is not responsible for belly fat.

What about all those 7-keto dhea products like Avant Labs' Ab-solved which claim to make you lose abdominal fat by lowering cortisol? :confused:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (foozballking @ Aug. 20 2004,4:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cortislim is a scam and cortisol is not responsible for belly fat.
What about all those 7-keto dhea products like Avant Labs' Ab-solved which claim to make you lose abdominal fat by lowering cortisol? :confused:
The effects of 7-keto DHEA (which I like) on fat tissue are probably caused by interactions with PPAR-alpha in adipose tissue rather than through cortisol.

Oh, and I don't put Absolved in the same category as Cortislim. :D

Bryan if you are still checking this thread, I would like to know what your thoughts are on Phosphatidylserine. I know Rehan Jalali at Think Muscle seems to think that there is a genuine advantage in reduction of cortisol while supplementing with it at pretty high doses. But from much of the research I have tried to do on the stuff, I don't understand why exactly it would work. What do you think?

I've seen a few commercials for something called Relacore (I'm not sure I spelled that right). It says that it helps you to lose weight by decreasing cortisol levels, or something like that. I don't know anything about this, like if it is for real or not, but maybe someone else has heard of it.

Relacore is a cortaslim wannabe.

Thanks for the info Bryan, just knowing this info might actually bring down my cortisol moreso than cortislim haha.

Back