15 rep maxes anc cycle start

cnegotiator

to start my next cycle, if i were to find my new 15 rep max one day, and the next day start the cycle, would that interfer with the progress? (knowing thats you can find pretty accurately the 10 and 5 rep maxes by 1.2 then 1.5 multipying them i would just need to find 15)

i know you usually do it before you SD, but i couldnt do it

I agree with Fausto. Have you done any SD at all? If you've just been training heavy and haven't done any SD you may find this cycle less productive. As you know, 15s are really to prep you for heavier loads during 10s and 5s.

I tried your calcs on my actual max figures based on my 15RMs and they are not that far out for me. Most of my 5RMs are slightly lighter than if I use a 1.5 x multiplier on my 15RMs but a few are heavier (eg. squats). So you'll be working pretty hard by the end of the 5s. Great!
smile.gif

oh no this will be my third cycle, but my second whole one (during my first cycle i got food posioning and was advised to not do anything for 2 weeks) So this is my second or third SD, i just forgot to test my new maxes and the last time I had did 15s, then did the math they were right on the money exactly.

Good to hear it wont mess anything up, thanks guys!

If you are going to base your maxes on calculations, I think it is better to base them off your 5 RM rather than your 15 RM. Just a personal preference, I guess, but it seems to be more accurate for me, typically.

Back