1st Cycle -

It's just me, but I fail to see or hear of many guys who build really great bodies in 20-25 minute workouts, except for fatloss afficondos. I'd rather be used to 45-60 minutes and see results.
I do four-five exersizes with good intensity and it takes me about an hour. Part of the reason is my age; I require a bit more rest between sets and between exersizes if I really want to hit things hard with good form.
I.K., your fatloss was amazing! Maybe I need to read this whole thread and see what you did. I'm extremely impressed!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's just me, but I fail to see or hear of many guys who build really great bodies in 20-25 minute workouts, except for fatloss afficondos. I'd rather be used to 45-60 minutes and see results. </div>
To be honest, after years of spending 70min per day, 4/5 days a week, deciding to train just 30 min was a tough decision to take, but I read a lot on this forum and everyone was always insisting on 'keep it simple', 'keep it short', especially for bulking. So i'm just doing 7 exercise per workout, what takes me about 25 min on the 15s, 30-35 on the 10s, and so far about 40min on the 5s (just 1 w/o). Whether this is enough or not, i'm not going to know until I eat MORE  
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I.K., your fatloss was amazing! Maybe I need to read this whole thread and see what you did. I'm extremely impressed! </div>
thanks, i'm amazed myself. The point is that I don't know if what i did would work on others. If you want to try and I can help you, let me know. BTW you'll not find my fatloss on this thread, most of it happened before I joined. However, since I started HST, and following a keto diet, I slightly decreased my weight while reducing bf% (LBM stayed the same). But it was just about 5 pounds.

Conclusion, after x-mas i'm going to eat a lot more and see what happens.

W/O #14

Deads   4x220
Inclined Bench Press   4x155
Lat Pulldown   4x145
Upright row   4x90
Calf press   2x375
Rev Lat Pulldown   2x130
Close Grip Bench Press   2x145

Great w/o, 45min including warming up and stretching. It was a bit tring but managed loads as planned. I have to admit I'm a bit impressed about the rapid progression on the loads I'm managing. I definitely need to boost my kcal intake next cycle  
wink.gif

W/O #15

Squat 4x255
Bench Press 4x175
Bent-over row 4x175
Seated Military press 4x120
Calf raise 2x350
Rev Lat Pulldown 2x145
Close Grip Bench Press 2x155

It was tough and long today (50min). I could complete the sets and weights but it was challenging some times. I had to concentrate real hard on the weights.
I'm only 1 wk left for my first HST cycle, and then holidays, I mean SD,
biggrin.gif

When our great friend and mentor Old&amp;Grey posted his routine similar to yours, I finally began to believe (with less doubt at least) that using single exersizes that hit a muscle twice with different exersizes could be a good thing, and not be tooooo 'confusing' to the muscles. (I know, I know, a muscle can't get confused)
My only thought here is that one could be missing some motor unit participation if the exersizes were not done a.) back to back and b.) with sufficient intensity. You shoot through the workouts much faster than I, so you probably are getting the intensity; lacking much rest time.
Shoot, if it doesn't work out in a couple of cycles, you could always change up to the big four, hey?
The important thing is that you ARE progressing. Subsequent cycles are what tell you if you're doing any good or not. If you're not much stronger, it's no good.

Back