1st HST Cycle

That's true, and I've calculated my TDEE in the same way using 205lbs as my weight, and it's only ~150 cal more. You don't think +500cal is too much?

Yeah, it might be but if you try it for just a couple of weeks you will get an idea how things are working out without having to worry too much about partitioning. Depending on how things go you can increase or decrease calories accordingly after that.

Workout #20

Dips: BW + 25lbs - 6x5
Chins: BW + 25lbs - 6x5
Military Press: 130lbs - 5x5 (had to get to class and ran out of time, so only did 5 sets)

I didn't do deadlifts today due to time constraints and still waiting on my lower back to get to 100%. It's almost there so I'll start squats/DL's this Friday. I felt very strong on the dips for all 6 sets. The chins were kinda difficult and I had to cluster the last 2-3 sets, so I'll probably keep it at BW+25lbs for next Monday. The military press was also pretty challenging so I will repeat the 130lbs this Friday.

Weight: ~205lbs - I've had no appetite lately and seem like I'm not hungry cuz of all the fluids I've been drinking. So I'll try and focus hard on my diet for the next 2 weeks and eat around 4200cal (the first 6 weeks I gained 1-2lbs a week at ~3800cal so now I'll up it since I weigh about 15lbs more). The college quarter just started and I have been drinking quite a bit this past week or two, so that may be affecting my bulking plans in a negative way, so I'll try and maybe cut down a little bit these next 2 weeks.

Workout #21

Bench: 185lbs - 5x5
BB Row: 145lbs - 5x5
Military Press: 130lbs - 4x5

Today I was running late for class, so I had to cut down on the number of sets. I hardly managed the flat bench, I had a friend spot/help me for the last 2 reps on almost every set. The BB row was pretty good, and the military press was rather weak and only managed 4 reps on each set. Overall shitty workout, didn't feel strong at all and I even lost weight on the scales, so I can only attribute this to poor diet lately and not consuming enough calories. I think I'll take a 9 day SD and start a 2nd cycle and that should give me time to recover and for my lower back to get better so I can start DL's and squats again.

Weight: Sub 205lbs, again probably due to lack of calories this past week.

SD for the next 9 days and then on to cycle number two...I'll try my best not to slack off on my diet from now on, as I see what kind of effect it can have on my training and what not. It's just so hard to get 4200calories in a day with my busy school/work/party schedule
tounge.gif

I decided to do a 9 day SD and then start up cycle #2. I'll do the same scheme, just add 15lbs to the RMs and calculate the previous days as normal. As I stated earlier, I just figured out how important the diet is to the training, and that's probably why my gains tapered off at the end of this first cycle. In which case I'll make sure I focus 110% on my diet cycle #2. I am hovering around 205lbs now, so at least I hit the goal I set forth prior to this first cycle. My goal for cycle #2 is to hit 220lbs.

<div>
(markobenin @ Oct. 08 2007,15:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I decided to do a 9 day SD and then start up cycle #2. I'll do the same scheme, just add 15lbs to the RMs and calculate the previous days as normal. As I stated earlier, I just figured out how important the diet is to the training, and that's probably why my gains tapered off at the end of this first cycle. In which case I'll make sure I focus 110% on my diet cycle #2. I am hovering around 205lbs now, so at least I hit the goal I set forth prior to this first cycle. My goal for cycle #2 is to hit 220lbs.</div>
Congratulations on achieving your goals , and good luck on cycle #2. Happy eating!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(markobenin @ Oct. 08 2007,16:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just figured out how important the diet is to the training, and that's probably why my gains tapered off at the end of this first cycle. In which case I'll make sure I focus 110% on my diet cycle #2. I am hovering around 205lbs now, so at least I hit the goal I set forth prior to this first cycle. My goal for cycle #2 is to hit 220lbs.</div>
Keep a close eye on your waist measurement and your body fat percentage. You real goal ought not to be a total bodyweight figure alone, but a goal bodyweight at a given body fat percentage.

A slow bulk is a lot easier than a long cut...
sad.gif

You're totally right TunnelRat, but looking in the mirror, I still see my 6-pack and I don't see any noticeable amounts of fat anywhere...I do see a few layers around my mid section that weren't there before, but that's inevitable on a bulk a guess, slow or not. When I reach 220, I'll see how my body is looking and if it's not as ripped as I would like, I will do a cut cycle after this 2nd bulk cycle. Ideally, I would be ok fat wise after the 2nd cycle, and I can do a 3rd bulk cycle so 230-235 and finally do a cut cycle and get really cut and defined at around 220-225lbs.

Back