2016 Log

Seems like something more yielding like that would work well for board presses. In the past, I just set the safety rails on the rack a little high to simulate board presses, but it was kind of jarring, didn't feel good at all.

Shaf's ladder technique for benching seemed to work well for me wrt to absolute strength on bench press in the past, might be worth a shot. Don't remember why I quit doing it though... Try googling "shaf's ladders" if you're not familiar with it already.

Seems like something more yielding like that would work well for board presses. In the past, I just set the safety rails on the rack a little high to simulate board presses, but it was kind of jarring, didn't feel good at all.

Shaf's ladder technique for benching seemed to work well for me wrt to absolute strength on bench press in the past, might be worth a shot. Don't remember why I quit doing it though... Try googling "shaf's ladders" if you're not familiar with it already.

I’m going to see how my response to singles goes, but will definitely look it up.

DL; 3-200kg, 1-220kg, 1-230kg, 1-240kg@8, [email protected]. Weren’t grinders, but didn’t have 2nd reps quite there either.

Rows; 4x5-150kg.

Under recovered from lack of sleep the last week or so.

DL; 3-200kg, 1-220kg, 1-230kg, 1-240kg, 1-250kg@9. 260 wasn’t going to happen so didn’t bother. [email protected].

RDL; 3x8-150kg@6/sub-6.

Programming changes in effect, down to 2x a week deadlifting, but retaining overall volume (more or less). Hoping to realise better recovery given life constraints at the moment.

Nah. I tried. Can’t do it. Bench just has zero care factor for me. The most useless name-brand lift in my books. If anyone wants me, I’ll be rebuilding my OHP and doing dips in the garage...

OHP; 5-60kg, 4x5-70kg@8.

Dips; 3x5-bw.

Nah. I tried. Can’t do it. Bench just has zero care factor for me. The most useless name-brand lift in my books. If anyone wants me, I’ll be rebuilding my OHP and doing dips in the garage...

OHP; 5-60kg, 4x5-70kg@8.

Dips; 3x5-bw.

I dont blame you. I think big OHP's are more impressive and "functional"

Take it you don't like it then [emoji23][emoji23]

Never have ‘liked’ it per se.

It used to be really important to me for some reason, presume for the standard reason most younger guys focus it. Back has always been my favourite muscle group, and bench was just a way to balance that out.

It uses tiny muscles, doesn’t mirror any everyday pattern and is kind of just ugh... big fan of incline though. Haha.

Back