About cutting

_scalpel_

Hi. This is my 5th HST cycle, I have gained and lost weight alternately, but I guess *NET* I've gained some muscle, and fat as well.

I'm planning to cut this January, have a few questions for you guys:

1.) If you say "cutting" cycle, should it be the entire HST cycle? Or can I start cutting in the middle, say in the 15s then start bulking again in the 5s? I find that usually I lose some weight in the 15s but I gain it back in the 5s...

2.) I haven't really been doing cardio (hehe), but I'm planning to do it in my next cycle to cut. Should I do it before or after my workout? Should it be DURING the workout or should I leave a few hours before or after doing weight training? What should be a good interval between cardio and weight training?

3.) I find that somehow even if I gain muscle, I gain a good deal of fat too. I guess this may be probably because of my diet, but I think it should be expected since I'm high carb all the time in bulking.. What do you guys think of carb cycling? 3days high, 3 days med, 3 days low carb?

Would appreciate your input on this..

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Dec. 28 2006,05:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">search function</div>
i agree with this to a large extent. some of your questions (especially #2 and 3) have been debated at length recently and it would not take much effort to search them out and then go from there.

as far as your 1st question.....

personally, i have not had any success with trying to finesse any w/o or diet with subtle changes and brief time frames. from my exper., diet (and to a lesser extent my w/o) is a blunt instrument that must be used over a decent amount of time to achieve my goals. no quick cuts, mini bulks or anything like that.

others may respond to diet and training diff. but that is my exper.

good luck

Folks, I realize that a lot of questions, possibly on all topics, have already been answered in some form or another, in one post or another, in one thread or another.

But it's SUCH a pain in the ass to search for a post, get a few pages of results and find out most of them are useless one-liner answers like 'search function'.

This makes the search frustratingly difficult. If you have the answer, post it. If you know where the answer is, point to it. If you think this costs you too much of your valuable time, fine. Just leave it for someone else to answer. But please, please don't put that useless 'search function' or some other unhelpful crap on here. It really doesn't help.

<div>
(arjunx @ Jan. 05 2007,11:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Folks, I realize that a lot of questions, possibly on all topics, have already been answered in some form or another, in one post or another, in one thread or another.

But it's SUCH a pain in the ass to search for a post, get a few pages of results and find out most of them are useless one-liner answers like 'search function'.

This makes the search frustratingly difficult. If you have the answer, post it. If you know where the answer is, point to it. If you think this costs you too much of your valuable time, fine. Just leave it for someone else to answer. But please, please don't put that useless 'search function' or some other unhelpful crap on here. It really doesn't help.</div>
i DISAGREE 100%.

its only common courtesy to look around a little before you ask some Q's. im going to guess you are young only because of your statement about searching thru posts is SUCH a pain and frustratingly difficult. 1st off how do you think those folks got that info to start with and secondly how in the world did people learn anything 20yrs ago before the internet. ever had to actually get in your car (or ride your bike!) and go to the library, find some books that might have what your looking for, actually read them,  then find more books etc. etc.

if using the search function and sifting thru one-liners to find the info needed is too frustrating, holy s**t you better lean over and hit the intercom and get your butler to come up and find you a different web site, this one doesnt respond to voice commands.

btw, im looking to get bigger and stronger, can somebody just tell me what i need to do to get there.
thanx.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Jan. 05 2007,16:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">btw, im looking to get bigger and stronger, can somebody just tell me what i need to do to get there.
thanx.</div>
Yep......click here.
laugh.gif

&quot;btw, im looking to get bigger and stronger, can somebody just tell me what i need to do to get there.
thanx.&quot;

I absolutely agree that your example shows a lack of interest in the topic. If such a person was actually interested, they wouldn't have posted such a vacuous question in the first place. However, the question initially posted in this thread, while lacking in finesse, was in no way as vacuous as the example you posted (exaggerated to illustrate your sentiment, I assume, which, again, I agree with to a certain extent). What I don't understand is why it is so difficult for you to just ignore such posts. You make an effort to read them and to reply to them (although the responses lack any helpful content). What drives such effort, apart from reminiscing about the good old days when technology was in its infancy?

arjunx,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
believe me when i say all my vacuous (nice word by the way, used twice no less)comments where in response to your statement that &quot;using the search function is SUCH a pain&quot;.

i stand by my original post to scalpel. i gave my opinion on his first question and pointed out that his next two questions have been debated at length in other threads that would not be hard to find. then i wished him good luck.

No offense, but if someone doesn't have the patience to search through a few threads before posting their question, how are they going to muster up the patience, willpower and discipline it takes to build mass or lose bodyfat?

Scalpel, welcome to the forum. Please understand that you've asked questions that obviously show a lack of study, and you're in a fifth cycle, which is a bit exasperating. Or at least worth a rolling of the eyes.
If you have a quandry due to a conflict of information or some such, and can refer to a study, post, or article as a source, you'll find your threads slammed with responses - it's really a friendly forum, and I'm talking about THESE guys too! Just don't be lazy man.
Question 1.) You cut until you're satisfied with results. That ain't happening in 2 weeks.
Question 2.) If you can do cardio before or during a workout; you ain't workin' out.
Question 3.) Which of ten odd carb cycling programs you talkin' about? You give us nothing to discuss here. Study first, question later, no offense. Your problem won't be with the carbs per se, but the workouts. Just offhand I'll say that short-term carb cycling is generally poo-poo'd by many, and sworn by from others. Too general of a question gets a too general answer.

I don't think there is any point in carb cycling until you get to 10% and are struggling to get below that. Until that point, just cutting your calorie intake a bit and increasing activity a bit should be enough to start stripping off the fat.

bluejacket, quadancer

Really a pleasure to engage in discussion with gentlemen such as yourselves.

bluejacket, the more I reflect upon it, the more I find myself more aligned with your point of view.

However, in my defence, let me clarify that it was not the actual searching for information that I found to be &quot;SUCH a pain in the ass&quot;, but the end result; ie: a large number of posts which inevitably end in unhelpful comments such as &quot;search function&quot;. Although, there is the point that if people exercised use of the search function a little more proactively, there wouldn't be so many posts in the first place, hence, my acceptance of your point of view.

quadancer, very clearly and eloquently put, sir.

I do regret the somewhat uncouth manner in which my earlier sentiments were expressed. I did not aim to offend.

Again, a tremendous source of invaluable advice, gentlemen.

Back