Anabolic Burst Cycling Diet

Aaron_F,

I understand your feelings about people pushing their line of supplements in their books. But are you saying that the Metabolic Diet is not affective just because he pushes his supplements in the book? If you are I would have to disagree. I got great results without even using supplements by following his nutritional recommendations. I just found that it was a hard plan to stick with day in and day out so I don't follow it anymore. I'm sure it would work well for other's who are more disciplined than me.

Also, when Dr. Di Pasquale wrote his first book "The Anabolic Diet" he didn't sell supplements so he only mentioned useful ones. From a business standpoint it only makes sense to recommend his own supplements in his books. But I don't think he ever says that you have to use his supplements or you won't get good results. You can substitute the supplements he recommends with other brands if you wish.

Also, other than the higher than normal price (so I would never buy them) what makes his supplements "crappier" than any other brand out there?

Easy fellas, said I'd look it over....so far all Ive read is the part where he says HST followers are the only ones that know what they are doing...

you do have to ask yourself, if he posesses this knowledge, why not apply it to ones self...haha

biggrin.gif

Hell, Richard Simmons has helped many lose weight and tone, I still have no desire to dance to the oldies.
biggrin.gif

quadancer

I don't ice skate, so hows his being an ice skater, gonna make my quads bigger.  
biggrin.gif

All joking aside, I am looking it over, I have a sneaky suspicion that Ive been doing something simillar anyhow.

Thanks again for the link.

<div>
(Peak_Power @ Oct. 18 2006,19:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like vagrant's post, keep it simple and stupid (KISS principle) works every time.</div>
Agreed.

<div>
(need2eat @ Nov. 02 2006,09:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">quadancer

I don't ice skate, so hows his being an ice skater, gonna make my quads bigger.  
biggrin.gif
</div>
I just meant that would have been a better picture than the one on the website. He doesn't look like someone who works out for hypertrophy; I see he doesn't.

Aerobically, he'd leave me in the dust....gasping.

Di Pasquale is numero uno in terms of bodybuilding diets, period. The dude is extremely knowledgeable, and if you`ve al least one of his semminaries you`d see that he is very technical.

His new book, OTOH, aside from the supplement adds has nothing over the old Anabolic diet book. The basics and principles don`t quite change. The trouble is that when he wrote the Anabolic Diet he wrote it as a guide to bodybuilders, and as such he made a helluva lot of assumptions which didn`t pan out for non-bodybuilders. For example, most ppl I know who have tried and failed the AD had extremely crap carb-ups(not to mention too long ones, the 48 hour interval is there as guidance more then anything) because he stated that you should stop when you start flattening-out, which is hard to determine by someone who hasn`t quite bothered with his physique or who is at a high BF. If you get over these assumptions, the book and the diet are great, IMHO.

UD2.0 is also great, but I don`t like Lyle`s workout program and I`m not so sure it`s very sexy that he has you doing about 50 grams of carbs and 50 grams of fat...it may be hard for a lot of ppl. But it`s effective at going to low BF for contests, that`s sure.

As to this topic, that diet is crap. Extremely crap. At least as it was laid-out initially. I seem to recall the Testosterone Editor, TC, writing an improved version, but I haven`t read that and I dunno how good that is. But I think that the logic is flawed, as intervals are too long and too short at the same time:you`re spending too much time eating a helluva lot of crap, you`re spending too little time in a caloric restricted state.

Back