Anabolic diet

banderbe

Anyone done HST using DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet?

I picked up the E-Book..

is it best to cut or bulk up with this diet?

I did this for a week, then realized it was great, but sloppy/inferior compared to lyle's cyclical diets, which can be seen as an upgraded and refined anabolic diet.

apparently a lot of his ideas about 'take in loads of fat' etc are BS and based on non relevant rat studies.

Lyle's science seems to be tighter, and in consequence, so is his set up.

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Jul. 29 2008,11:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I did this for a week, then realized it was great, but sloppy/inferior compared to lyle's cyclical diets, which can be seen as an upgraded and refined anabolic diet.</div>
Are you talking about UD2.0?

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Jul. 29 2008,8:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I did this for a week, then realized it was great, but sloppy/inferior compared to lyle's cyclical diets, which can be seen as an upgraded and refined anabolic diet.

apparently a lot of his ideas about 'take in loads of fat' etc are BS and based on non relevant rat studies.

Lyle's science seems to be tighter, and in consequence, so is his set up.</div>
Can you expand on your responses beingisbeing, I am interested to see if the opinions(UD2.0&gt;AD) you are parroting belong to others besides Lyle M.

Il Dottore:

I am referring to UD2.0

Torsp:

I think CKD's in general (e.g. anabolic diet) are great.

I think UD2.0 has optimal structure by far in comparison, and more potent scientific reasoning behind it. Lyle lays this out more clearly and substantiates it, IMO, whether in his book or on the forum.

I'm not a physiologist. As such I follow authorities I respect, and test this against experience and reasoning. I don't respect Maurio the supplement whore. Further I don't respect his logic.

Talk to Aaron F about the issue of high fat intake being protein sparing.

Even better try a PSMF, with virtually no fat intake, and then try Maurio's high fat, moderate protein, pointlessly low carb (under 30gr, where does that number come from?) Tell me which one you lose more LBM with. Then decide for yourself whats more protein sparing, Lyle's macros based on human research or Maurio's based on rats.

That said, try both, see what you think. I'm not interested in getting into a polemic over this. I'm an experience man. I'm going to the gym.

I'm going to go &quot;parrot&quot; UD2.0 and start my carb load! Protein cheesecake is in the oven, yams are soaking, sushi rice is soaking, and I'm staaaarving.
smile.gif

I have both books. Simply reading through them, you realize that the Anabolic Diet is essentially based on &quot;pull it out of my ***&quot; logic. Oh and lets site a few irrelevant studies to make it look official.

It's easier to follow than UD2.0 though. However, the inferior effort leads to inferior results, so... yeah. If you are too lazy or too much of a wuss to do UD2.0, then go ahead and do Anabolic Diet.

Anyone have a good place to pick up the UD 2.0 book? Amazon has it for $40.00, hoping to find it at a bit better of a price.

Amazon.com is out of stock. Lyle has it on his site for $39.95 + p&amp;p.

Personally, I think it's a great price for a mine of information. I ordered it today. Cost me $56.45 including shipping to the UK. That's about the cost of one month's gym membership over here.

it really is a great source of info. even if you opt for not implementing the diet, it gives you the breakdown on p-ratio, hormonal changes in the body that occur during dieting, overfeeding and different types of training, etc.

I did the AD last year along with Max Stim and I lost nearly 30 lbs in just over 3 months. I got stronger too.
Unfortunately I had sort of a long break after an injury and put most of it back on again.
I've been on UD2 now for a few weeks and the thing I like about this is that you can see the difference every week. With the AD you could go for a few weeks before noticing anything then notice a difference, but UD2 keeps you motivated by showing you results every week.
I also found the AD a bit vague on a few points like refeed until you start laying down fat... Huh?
UD2 is very specific and if you follow it to the letter it is amazing.
The hard part for me is the tension workout before the carb up. I did it today and I thought I was going to vom big time.
Both great diets though. Perhaps AD until you hit 15% bf then UD2 would work well.
Just my 2p.
J
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I also found the AD a bit vague on a few points like refeed until you start laying down fat... Huh?</div>

exactly! though I must say my UD2.0 carb loads have become more intuitive as I kind of 'feel saturated' at a certain point and then stop. But I always count with a fine tooth comb as well to make sure I'm not full of ****.
Not the same as 'knowing when fat is being laid down though.' What BS.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The hard part for me is the tension workout before the carb up. I did it today and I thought I was going to vom big time.</div>

By far the most miserable workout of the week. I don't want to vomit, I just want to kill myself and stop cutting!

Back