Anavation Training Log

Thanks LDU, I would recommend if you like Scivation to try out their new pre-workout supp Quake - I specifically remember that they included the Geranium Oil Extract 1,3 Dimethylamylamine in it, which is what's causing such a huge buzz in all of these new pre-workout supps. That's where the amazing focus and mental clarity comes from and the supplement companies didn't take long after jack3d came out to capitalize, I actually look at USPLabs as the innovator of that compound and it's quickly sneaking its way in just about every pre-workout/energy supp that I've come across in the last 6 months - 1 year. Primaforce actually just sells pure 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and its very synergistic with caffeine if you're on a budget. It's getting comparisons to ECA at or above 50mg with about 200-300mg caffeine

Hey fredh,

I'm resting up today since I got my 10RM's yesterday and i have to get my 5RM's tomorrow. Although I wish I could get another one in.

I'm currenet just waiting to make my decision of which program to do but either way I'm going to SD after I get my 5RM's tomrrow for 9 days so either route I go I'll be as fresh as I can be

As for the macros - I'll give everyone a meal-by-meal rundown if I choose to go the HST route but just for the big picture I'm running a 21 blcok Paleo/Zone with 2x Fat right now and that would break down somewhere around 40% Fat 33% Carbs 27% Protein around 2,500 calories for me just as maintenance or a little below but of course if I go the HST route I'll be bumping that up to add around 1/2 - 1 lb / week. All of my calories come from meats, fish, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables.

I've done a RIDICULOUS amount of reasearch on just about every nutritionional regimen around and this one is best suited for performance, longevity, hormonal manipulation \, and with a little bit of tailoring...muscle-building! I encourage everyone to stop eating grains, dairy, legumes, salt, sugar (especially HFCS) MSG, gluten, artificial sweeteners etc. - but that's a different story. You don't need to go past a google search to find out why, preferably google scholar.

Of course the only thing that doesn't comply with this are my supplements, but I feel their addition to my performance and results will outweigh any negative side effects from artificial sweeteners/coloring and relatively new compounds with limited research....especially after yesterday's experience :D

Cut out all dairy!!!

When bulking i usually take in 60 to 80 ounces/ 2litres or so each day.

What is the negatives of too much dairy?

Here's a couple links to start you off with a new perspective...all of these sites are .com sites so if I was you I'd only believe what I read that is supported by reputable references. There's a plethora of evidence showing how increased milk consumption and osteoperosis are not inversely related and rather that the best way to support and maintain healthy bones is through consumption of dark leafy vegetables and resistance training in conjunction with a non-acidid (Paleo) diet that doesn't leach calcium from the bones. But that's not what weightlifters/bodybuildiers are concerned about (at least not primarily) There are so many other reasons that milk isn't beneficial and certainly in many respects detrimental but this is a decision you need to make for yourself based on the information you read. All I'm doing is giving you a start, don't believe me, or these articles unless there's proof of what's written. Question everything, accept nothing, and research till the break of dawn - your body will thank you for it
http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

http://www.dairytruth.com/

http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp

http://www.squidoo.com/truth-about-milk-and-dairy

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the links, had a really quick look at all of them.

I believe there's different laws in regards to processing and milking here in Australia but it turns me off none the less.

Ill have to research more.

That's the spirit man get your hands on as much info as you can and make the best decision you can based on all of your research. Good luck in your search and remember don't let anyone make your decisions for you, but I wouldn't just give up one of my favorite liquids unless there was good merit for doing so.

God Bless

Just to let everyone know I still haven't decided which program to adopt but I do have my 15,10, and 5 RM's ready for action and am currently undergoing a 9 day SD (light cardio and stretching) I keep going back and forth and probably won't be able to decide until at least the weekend but as school draws closer I know my decision has to as well so I'll telll the board either way.

Cheers

Well everyone it's been a while...sorry for the failure to keep you posted on my plans but I have decided on HST as my program of choice and will be recording all of the progress and measurements, before after pics on bodyspace my sn will be Anavation05, so I encourage everyone to follow me as spread the word about HST, the metabolic diet and my final choice on supplement company products - controlled labs.

I have all of the maxes recorded and am in my 7th day of SD...this monday Sep. 27, 2010 will be the start of the lifelong journey and I welcome anyone to follow me as I go through this quest to naturally manipulate my physique to its maximum potential.

8 week A/B split as stated before will be employed on M W F, SMR (Self Myofascial Release) /Tabata HIIT on T Sa, and Flexibility/Yoga/Active Recovery/SMR on Th Su.
Of course followed by a 9 day SD until cycle 2 begins.

I will be following the Metabolic Diet written by Mario DiPasquale and will be eating to gain anywhere from 1-2 lbs per week during my mass phase

Supplements will all be from controlled labs...just so everyone knows 1,3 dimethylamylamine is banned by the World Anti Doping Agency WADA so my previous possible stack will not be employed with AEN Pre Surge and Intrabolic since Pre surge has the DMAA, I will be taking the following:

Orange OxiMega Greens & Fish Oil 1-2x day
Orange Triad 2x day
White Flood Pre
Purple InTrain During
Green Magnitude Post

All Supplements except White Flood will be taken on a daily maintanence level dosing. For more info on these natural supps visit controlledlabs.com or just check out bb.com and type in a product name. I have a lot of faith in this company and it has stood the test of time thus far with a great ingredient profile for every product in my stack... It's not often you find a supp company that provides great products across the board not to mention the synergistic effects this products will have.

Once again, I will have the before pics posted on monday morning and of course all of the stats and a surplus of other stuff that you'll just have to check out!

Hope to have some help spreading the TRUTH about muscle hypertrophy! No better place to do it than bb.com...see you all there!

Back