Any Italian recipes out there?

Lance

I think alot of Italian style meals could be easily made into very healthy meals. Think pasta, tomatoe sauce, ground meat, olive oil, a salad on the side or some vegetables incorporated.

Any ideas?

Lance, whenever im in the mood for some italian, I make some healthy style chicken parm!
Bake some thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts in low sugar pasta sauce. Then grate some fat free mozzarella all over it, throw it back in the oven. voilla!

it is a little funny honestly that you call it chicken parmesan with mozzarella =)

but yeah, I like sauteeing onion and garlic and then add grount turkey and cook, then add plain tomato sauce and some spices, salt, pepper (i toss some jalepeno in there with the meat myself)

tossed with some pasta it's great, and pretty healthy, sprinkle some cheese on top too.

tomato based italian dishes are mostly healthy, and although traditional italian will always insist on enormous amounts of olive oil, there are lots of alternatives. cream based sauces sadly must be avoided usually, and low fat alternatives can't compare.

Back