appetite control

kyleman1

Im beginning to think body building is not for me. I've struggled with overeating my whole life, and ive always been pretty chubby, although at least i have muscle now from training. What ive always wanted to do is just finally control my appetite and eat a small amount of food. Just eat enough to sustain myself and thats it. Im beginning to realize though that there is no hope of me ever developing appetite control if i lift weights. You need to eat alot to support your efforts in the gym, and to gain muscle mass. Weight lifting and small eating just dont go together.

The dilemma is that I have always been a big eater, and i take to weight lifting like a fish in water. It is very easy for me to get muscular. But then there is the other side of me that thinks appetite control and getting skinny is the better option, although my body type probably wouldnt allow for that.

Can anyone help me out? How can i keep some sensibility in eating while i gain mass? Thanks
-Kyle

your body type has nothing to do with it. To avoid getting fat, either eat less or move more. Plenty of people are able to lift weights and diet; it's a matter of dedication.

I'm willing to bet you aren't tracking your caloric intake. You should. This is all pretty obvious stuff, but you are looking for an easy way out when there isn't one.

Anyone can get skinny. I've seen some people with huge fat problems get all small. Just track your calories like Bosox said. If you don't know how much is going in each day, you can't figure out where your real problem is.

Back