Artificial Sweeteners

Any comments, opinions?

I've taken a couple days off of the diet sprite which is what I always drink with my meals, I did notice one specific thing which is a decrease in appetite. The insulin thing may not even matter to me since I'm on a simple low calorie diet rather than low carb.

I've found Diet Coke is a great appetite suppressant for me.

However I don't drink it for other reasons. A desire to keep my IQ being one. :D

JWJ

I've read on some different sites and heard that soda may put a person at risk of Osteoporosis. Just something I figured I'd throw out there, I havent studied up on it a whole lot but might be worth looking into.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've read on some different sites and heard that soda may put a person at risk of Osteoporosis. Just something I figured I'd throw out there, I havent studied up on it a whole lot but might be worth looking into.

Its the caffeine and phosphorous I assume. I believe both can inhibit calcium absorption in high enough quantities, but have not kept up on that issue, sorry.

There is one researcher that has a real soft spot over the soda and calcium loss thing, but they are pulling a lot of it from their own butt..

Its more a matter of displacement, instead of drinking calcium rich items like milk, they drink soda...

If A/S or diet sodas were as bad as all the extremists have made out we would have all died years ago.. :)

True Aaron...I drink my fair share of diet vanilla coke, and I haven't died yet...but my hair keeps falling out in clumps and I tend to repeat myself a lot.

True Aaron...I drink my fair share of diet vanilla coke, and I haven't died yet...but my hair keeps falling out in clumps and I tend to repeat myself a lot.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back