body shakes halfway through workout

skunker

Hi everyone,
I was recently diagnosed with acid reflux and have a hiatal hernia, so I've been away from weightlifting for about 4 months now.

I am slowly getting back into a workout routine, but I have a problem I need help with:

I seem to get those "body shakes" about halfway through my training--doesn't matter how intense a level of a workout. I could be out in my backyard digging a few holes and about a few minutes later, my body will shake...as if I needed some kind of energy drink or boost to keep going. I don't feel nauseated, but it's almost to the point where I do.

I also had this problem in the past, but it was never an issue. I am guessing I need to stock up on some kind of food/energy drink before my workouts?

I'm 27 years old, fyi. Thanks for any info!

Try this. Make a shake with 1/2 water, 1/2 milk, 1/4g whey powder per lb. bodyweight, and the same or double in either Vitargo or a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin. Sip it from 15 min before the workout, thru the workout, and after, if there's any left. (make a pitcher full)
If your problem is carbs, that will cure it. If not, see a doc.
If you can't find dextrose, you can use just maltodextrin or fruit, but fruit makes me sick in a workout. Bananas are good too and make the shake taste great. Oh, and either eat a banana or take a potassium tablet prior.

I am about 90% sure that it's carb related because I often have to stop in the middle of a workout just to drink something sugary related...or even eat prunes/bananas/raisins.

Thanks.

Back