bodyfat illusion

<div>
(LittleBigHorn @ Feb. 19 2007,15:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But back to bodyfat issues.. has anyone here tried UD2 and met with success? I ordered the book, but it all seems rather daunting. I don't know how any human being can survive that ordeal. Also, I'm afraid the extrem stress it will place on my system will make my vitiligo flare up again (autoimmune disorder), and I'll end up losing more skin pigment. Damn.. come to think of it, I don't know how I can ever diet again (UD2 or any other diet), seeing as my cutter last summer triggered my vitiligo to begin with, and it is bound to be aggravated if/when I attempt to cut up again.</div>
others have reported success w/UD 2.0. im not sure what a search would turn up but simply scroll back thru the diet/nutrition topics over the past few yrs and im sure there are a few that deal with lyles diet specifically.

keep in mind ud 2.0 is a diet &amp; w/o regiment, not just a diet that you apply to whatever type of w/o &amp; lifestyle you currently have.

with your health issues im not sure anyone elses success/failure is going to be any indication of how it will work for you. if your seriously thinking about it you should be getting most of your info from lyles forum http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ and even posting your questions concerning vitiligo on there.

btw, the info in the book can be daunting at first and usually requires a few readings. concentrate on reading the actual diet &amp; w/o info a few times and it will come clearer. it helps to take a few notes on what you should be doing and eating each day as you go along. once youve done that its really not that hard (or complicated) to understand.

good luck

What`s so complex about the UD2?It`s a fairly simple detailed set-up...it`s also quite a bitch to do, but single digit BF is a bitch in itself, so a non-bitchy way of achieving it is...umm...not proper:D.

I've done UD2.0 successfully, but didn't bother to go much lower than around &quot;8%&quot; or so at the time. It's great if you have the discipline. You'd think the low carb days would be the ones that suck, right? Not so. The carb load is what I hated... damn carb load.

So you don`t like feeling bloated and over-full?Darn, I thought I was the only freak that hated the carb-loads
smile.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 19 2007,18:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Little Big Horn, I really feel bad for your friend.</div>
Yeah, he has really been dealt a bad hand when it comes to his physique and how it just can't sustain the strain of lifting. He's only 25, and he's already having problems that most people get in their senior years (actually, problems that not everyone gets at all). He's trying to keep a positive attitude about it, but I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for him.

About UD2, I didn't mean that it's too complicated and hard to grasp, but rather that it sounds very demanding physically. Some guy said that after he had finished doing the depletion workout, everyone at the gym just stared at him, asking him if they should call an ambulance.

Oh yeah, and I'll settle for 10-12% bodyfat. I wouldn't want to go below 10% anyway. But still.. you gotta draw the line somewhere, regarding the methods with which you get there. If you end up puking your guts out/nearly fainting after every depletion workout (or having someone call the ambulance for you).. I'm just weighing the rewards against the risks here.

But I'll have to go to the bodyrecomp forum for more advice.

It`s not as bad as it seems...after a while. It has its advantages, considering that you`ll feel bad enough not to think about eating for a while, and with severe caloric restriction, that helps a lot
smile.gif

If you just need to get to 10% then you don't need to do anything extreme. Just cut back the food very slightly, increase your activity a bit and you should start dropping weight slowly, which should hopefully not aggravate your condition. Be sure to count calories.

I wish it were that easy for me.
sad.gif
All throughout last spring and summer I tried it all.. in the end, I opted for a slightly below maintenance approach with increased cardio for an extended duration of time. In the end, all I lost was about 2% of bodyfat (putting me at 13%, down from 15%), and 20 lbs off my bench press and close grip bench, and also 10 lbs off my military press. I guess the prolonged strain eventually got the best of my CNS or something.

I've heard that testosterone has an immunosuppressive effect. Maybe if I did a cycle ot T while cutting down, it would keep my overactive immune system from going apesh!t on my skin pigment from the added strain of the diet. And it would also help with actually losing the fat instead of just losing muscle and strength.

I've never really seriously considered AAS before, but some days it feels like I have my back against the wall, and there is no other way out. Especially now that I have vitiligo.

I don't think AAS would be a good idea. If dieting makes your immune system go crazy, AAS will too.

You should gain back most of your strength losses once you go back to maintenance. Did you? Usually it's just a case of being depleted or whatever, and once you increase the calories a bit, it comes back fairly quickly... but if you really are losing tons of strength, then you probably aren't counting calories properly... just remember, this is a very long term thing. You shouldn't try a bunch of different approaches over spring and summer, but pick the moderate approach and stick to it for months until you reach your goal.

Going down to 10% shouldn't be that hard, in theory, unless you have some other medical conditions, or if your vitiligo screws with metabolism or something.

Most body composition equations are publicly available. If you`re even a little proficient in Excel, making your own spreadsheet for computing Body-composition numbers should be trivial.

i dont get the body fat% thing! its different for everyone. at the moment im only 134 pounds at 5feet 6inches. when i got my BF% done, it came up as 8% which is pretty lean, but if u look at my attached picture (im pretty embaresed with how i look, but ill attach it any way), u can see i carry a bit of fat around my stomach and have no fat on top. so i think it can be inacurate, depending were ur fat is stored.

It is one thing to have low bodyfat and alot of muscle mass...it is another to have low bodyfat and low muscle mass...(your case). No offense dude, but you simply need to lift more and gain weight, I was like that once, in high school I was really thin, but had little ab definition simply because I had small muscles! Even sickly low bodyfat levels will not show definition if the muscle mass isn't there. My biggest mistake at that age was worrying about appearance and not eating enough. I had high metabolism and didn't realize I had to eat like a sumo-wrestler if I wanted to add muscle mass!

I'm having a little trouble using it...I try to pinch the thigh or pec and I only get muscle, because I can flex that and there's only skin left. I can get a little if I turn the pinch sideways from the way they show, but is that fat? I would think fat would pinch in any direction. What do you put down for that? (all my fat is around the gut)

I have a blurry four-pack now. It is funny I still have significant fat around the waist, but my upper back is shredded already. Seriously it looks like someone outlined my traps and other upper back muscles with a black marker! While my hips are still a bit 'jiggly'!

I have been reducing my fat since Jan this year. First time I have ever done such a thing by choice but after a year of bulking and some good strength gains I wanted my waist back again!

So far I have gone from 215lbs to just under 200lbs. I'm pleased but I still have a long way to go. Like Sci, I tend to carry fat fairly evenly all over my frame, with a bit more around the waist area. My forearms get more fat on them than my upper arms! My training partner keeps really lean forearms and calves but puts fat on more around the waist.

My training poundages are suffering a bit too but I suppose that is to be expected? One plus is that bodyweight exercises get easier (like chins and dips) so you can add more weight. I managed 2 x 3 reps with 60kgs for dips tonight. Never added that much weight before but, of course, I am 15lbs lighter so I'm actually down a bit on what I managed for 5 reps last cycle. Still, psychologically, it went down well.
biggrin.gif

Oh, keep up the posting of all the lean girlies. Much kinder on the eyes than you lot!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Feb. 21 2007,17:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Most body composition equations are publicly available. If you`re even a little proficient in Excel, making your own spreadsheet for computing Body-composition numbers should be trivial.</div>
I already have that in check Morgoth. That wasn't my question. I wanted to validate the bodyfat% numbers with the given standard, and to see if that standard (8% = 6 pack, 12% = upper abs) is true.

Basically I have come to the conclusion that numbers don't matter. If I look and feel lean, I don't care what my weight or bodyfat numbers are. If I look and feel flabby, it also doesn't matter if my bodyfat numbers are low...so to hell with numbers.

Back