Bryan, why a slow protein in Driver?

Janne

It seems to me, a fast protein would better take advantage of the 'window of opportunity' post w/o. Wouldn't it be better to take one serving of Primer before, another one immediately after and then a serving of Driver an hour or so later?

Good question. Here are my reasons.

1) Your workout, if using HST principles, shouldn't really take longer than 45 minutes. If you take the Primer (fast protein) properly right before your workout, its levels will just begin to decline when the amino acids from the Driver begin to rise.

2) The window of oportunity is much longer than the time it takes for the Driver to begin raising blood levels of amino acids.

Of course, you can take them however you want. You could even take a scoop of each in the post workout drink. Using the Primer right before, and the Driver right after is simply my recommendation based on the research. :)

What about:

1 scoop Primer & 1/2 scoop Driver before
and
1 scoop Driver and 1/2 scoop Primer after
With your carbs of course.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beast @ May 22 2003,11:57)]What about:
1 scoop Primer & 1/2 scoop Driver before
and
1 scoop Driver and 1/2 scoop Primer after
With your carbs of course.
That should work just fine as well.
thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing too. I looked at the graph and the Primer peaked about 1 hr, about the time most of us are done. It then ended around 240ish minutes later. So I guess we are still getting a supply of protein and then taking the driver will add too it by adding in a protein over a longer time since there's a window of opportunity. Make sense? Or am I off?

Wouldnt be better whey+carbs half an hour before,
whey+carbs immediately after,solid meal (steak/egg/cottage) half an hour later?

Back