Bryan's E/C protocol

Rippt

Does anyone know how to cylce E/C like Bryan prescribes?How long can you stay on, and how long does it take to work down the dosage?

Thanks all
Rippt

10mg E + 50-100mg C, taken every 2-3hrs. Stop at a reasonable time in the afternoon/evening to avoid sleep disturbance - e.g. 8pm. Stay on as long as the dieting phase lasts. I don't understand your last question - "work down the dosage"...

If by work down the dosage you mean coming off the drug, then the issue here is the caffeine habit you'll develop(ephedrine is not addictive, and there are no side effects from quitting). I find that when I come off EC, I get a very bad headache the next day. By taking one caffeine pill, it goes away, and the next day the habit is gone.

Off topic, but I'm surprised that ephedrine isn't more embraced by the drug culture, being that it's cheap, legal, and readily available. I've experienced a several highs during cutting cycles with ephedrine, without actively trying to get one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blade @ Aug. 20 2003,3:31)]I don't understand your last question - "work down the dosage"...
What I meant was how many weeks of tapering down before discontinuing the two. But you think it's o.k. to start off w/
10mg E + 50-100mg C, taken every 2-3hrs, no need to "build up your tolerance"?

Two doses of 10mg E and 100mg C is 1/3 of what is considered safe use of the drug (75mg ephedrine/day). If I were you, I'd start the first week with the above dosage, and then increasing the following week. This will build your tolerance and determine if you can safely use the combo in greater quantities.

How high have people gone with epedrine doses. I know Lyle McDonald has gone upto 100mg a day. Assuming you "felt" okay and it didn't disturb sleep how much higher could you go? I think I recall Lyle speculating that at even higher dosages you could possibly expect to see some muscle sparing effects.

From memory, E was used to treat asthmatic children in dosages of up to 200mg per day before "better" drugs were introduced. You might wish to check this daily upper limit though.

Safe upper limits for caffeine is at or about 600mg a day, off the top of my head, so if you intend to increase E dosage and am already taking E to C in 20:200 three times a day or 10:100 six times a day or whatever amounts that adhere to the 1E to 10C ratio, you wouldn't be increasing caffeine anymore than 600mg per day. This means that the 1:10 ratio would change.

I suppose what one could do is to take 10E:100C six times a day and in-between, take extra E on its own to up your E dosage. Also, green tea extracts can actually increase caffeine half-life: this means you might get more mileage for 600mg of caffeine a day and this could be beneficial to prolonging the effects of EC. You can read more about green tea at www.drumlib.com

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

600mg a day?? LOL

I've been taking upto a gram of caffeine a day the last few days. No wonder I feel a little dizzy at times. Trouble is I can't separate the caffeine from the ephedrine 'til a new separate combo I've ordered. :confused:

Back