Caffeine and L-Tyrosine

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by bluze, Jun 12, 2004.

1. bluze

bluze New Member

In one of Blade's posts in the HST FAQ forum, he suggests 200mg caffeine and 1-3g L-Tyrosine before cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. He also suggests later on a protein shake pre and post cardio (for max fat loss without losing fat?). Anyone try either of these concepts?

Anyone stacking caffeine and Tyrosine anyway?

Results...positive or negative?

Thanks! :)

2. Aaron_F

Aaron_F New Member

Really!!!

whats the point :)

200mg caffeine combined with a big whack of tyrosine is a good stimulant, especially for those who cannot access ephedra/ephedrine. Good increases in force output and focus.

3. bluze

bluze New Member

My question was which produced better results...

A - caffeine/tryosine stack on empty stomach pre cardio

or

B - pre and post cardio protein shake

Suggestions?

Do you experience any negative side effects from the caffeine/tryosine stack?

Thanks!

4. Insane_Man

Insane_Man New Member

Where is this post?

Empty stomach cardio is not a good idea. Why not do both?

5. Techo

Techo New Member

I think this is the post he was refering to from the FAQ:

Diet and Nutrition

heh, I tried that for about a week, but didn't use the tryosine... That was during my 22% to 12% BF/2 month drop... While it was only a week (thus I can't give it any credit), at least I learned what it felt like =)

I like the part where Lyle says "Try not to puke"... For me it was "Try to stay conscious" =P

6. bluze

bluze New Member

Yes, that's it Techno!

So I was wondering if max fat loss was with the stack pre-cardio on an empty stomach and the pre/post protein shake concept was for near max fat loss while keeping as much muscle as possible. Or perhaps that was because too many people were puking or passing out?!?!? [​IMG]

What do you guys do as far as supplements, diet and cardio when it comes to cutting?

Thanks!

7. skinnyman

skinnyman New Member

techo - you used only caffeine w/o tyrosine? so it still worked? good! I have no idea where i could get tyrosine anyway. [​IMG]
    how much caffeine did you take? 200mg as said in the faq?

8. Saw this thread and realized I have been doing this by accident for about 1 year. I heard about some general memory and health benefit from it along with some other vitamins on PBS. I have been taking 500 mg L-tyrosine + 24oz. Arizona Ice Tea or green tea daily.

I believe the L-tyrosine + other supplements made me slightly more alert, it took a while and the effect was mild.

I continued taking when I started lifting weights about 7 months ago. Lost weight for the first 3 months of exercise, I am jogging also, then gained about 15 lbs during the last 4 months. I would say mostly but not all muscle. I have been eating about 4000 to 5000 calories a day. By the bodybuilding standards of pictures I have seen of people on this website I am definitely a skinny beginner. Hard to say what the L-tyrosine did or did not do for me with BB because I was already taking it when I started.

9. I got my Tyrosine is available at Vitamine Shoppe.

10. Aaron_F

Aaron_F New Member

up the dose of tyrosine