Caffeine and L-Tyrosine

bluze

In one of Blade's posts in the HST FAQ forum, he suggests 200mg caffeine and 1-3g L-Tyrosine before cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. He also suggests later on a protein shake pre and post cardio (for max fat loss without losing fat?). Anyone try either of these concepts?

Anyone stacking caffeine and Tyrosine anyway?

Results...positive or negative?

Thanks! :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]for max fat loss without losing fat?

Really!!!

whats the point :)

200mg caffeine combined with a big whack of tyrosine is a good stimulant, especially for those who cannot access ephedra/ephedrine. Good increases in force output and focus.

My question was which produced better results...

A - caffeine/tryosine stack on empty stomach pre cardio

or

B - pre and post cardio protein shake

Suggestions?

Do you experience any negative side effects from the caffeine/tryosine stack?

Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Insane_Man @ June 15 2004,12:26)]Where is this post?
Empty stomach cardio is not a good idea. Why not do both?
I think this is the post he was refering to from the FAQ:

Diet and Nutrition

heh, I tried that for about a week, but didn't use the tryosine... That was during my 22% to 12% BF/2 month drop... While it was only a week (thus I can't give it any credit), at least I learned what it felt like =)

I like the part where Lyle says "Try not to puke"... For me it was "Try to stay conscious" =P

Yes, that's it Techno!

So I was wondering if max fat loss was with the stack pre-cardio on an empty stomach and the pre/post protein shake concept was for near max fat loss while keeping as much muscle as possible. Or perhaps that was because too many people were puking or passing out?!?!?
tounge.gif

What do you guys do as far as supplements, diet and cardio when it comes to cutting?

Thanks!

techo - you used only caffeine w/o tyrosine? so it still worked? good! I have no idea where i could get tyrosine anyway.
laugh.gif

how much caffeine did you take? 200mg as said in the faq?

Saw this thread and realized I have been doing this by accident for about 1 year. I heard about some general memory and health benefit from it along with some other vitamins on PBS. I have been taking 500 mg L-tyrosine + 24oz. Arizona Ice Tea or green tea daily.

I believe the L-tyrosine + other supplements made me slightly more alert, it took a while and the effect was mild.

I continued taking when I started lifting weights about 7 months ago. Lost weight for the first 3 months of exercise, I am jogging also, then gained about 15 lbs during the last 4 months. I would say mostly but not all muscle. I have been eating about 4000 to 5000 calories a day. By the bodybuilding standards of pictures I have seen of people on this website I am definitely a skinny beginner. Hard to say what the L-tyrosine did or did not do for me with BB because I was already taking it when I started.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GiNormousMonstertobe @ June 05 2005,4:46)]I believe the L-tyrosine + other supplements made me slightly more alert, it took a while and the effect was mild.
up the dose of tyrosine

Back