can eggs be microwaved ?

you can MAKE 'poached' eggs in to microwave if thats what you mean. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl, put on low power setting. Go for 30secs then stop. then go in 10sec periods until done. if you dont do this the egg WILL explode.

As for microwaving poached eggs that have already been cooked......if thats what you meant......i have never tried.

yeh i meant cooking it in the microwave .
Does it take away nutriants ? is it better then using a pan ?

as far as i understand (could be wrong) all the microwave does is create heat within the food by resonating water molecules.
It would only lessen the nutritional quality of the food if that heat created was WAY to high. I dont know if this happens in the attempt to cook the food evenly (ie the the top might be super cooked in the attempt to cook the middle adequately).
Do an internet search for a more adequate answer. I doubt if you will get it here

Eggs are perfectly safe and nutritious when microwaved. To prevent them bursting (and it is spectacular when they do), crack them into a microwaveable bowl and BREAK THE YOLK, ie puncture it.
To be safe I tend to give my eggs a quick whisk with a fork, in essence making scrambled eggs... quick and easy!
Philboy

Dr. Lita Lee of Hawaii reported in the December 9, 1989 Lancet:

"Microwaving baby formulas converted certain trans-amino acids into their synthetic cis-isomers. Synthetic isomers, whether cis-amino acids or trans-fatty acids, are not biologically active.

Further, one of the amino acids, L-proline, was converted to its d-isomer, which is known to be neurotoxic (poisonous to the nervous system) and nephrotoxic (poisonous to the kidneys). It's bad enough that many babies are not nursed, but now they are given fake milk (baby formula) made even more toxic via microwaving."

Microwaved blood kills patient

In 1991, there was a lawsuit in Oklahoma concerning the hospital use of a microwave oven to warm blood needed in a transfusion. The case involved a hip surgery patient, Norma Levitt, who died from a simple blood transfusion.

It seems the nurse had warmed the blood in a microwave oven. This tragedy makes it very apparent that there's much more to "heating" with microwaves than we've been led to believe. Blood for transfusions is routinely warmed, but not in microwave ovens. In the case of Mrs. Levitt, the microwaving altered the blood and it killed her.

It's very obvious that this form of microwave radiation "heating" does something to the substances it heats. It's also becoming quite apparent that people who process food in a microwave oven are also ingesting these "unknowns".

Because the body is electrochemical in nature, any force that disrupts or changes human electrochemical events will affect the physiology of the body. This is further described in Robert O. Becker's book, The Body Electric, and in Ellen Sugarman's book, Warning, the Electricity Around You May Be Hazardous to Your Health.

M2cw! - do a search on the hazard of microwave ovens

GiO, great post.

I haven't touched my microwave in a long time. Try to tell people that it might not be the safest of things and they'll all give you that look like if you were crazy. There's a ton of info on the internet about it. The russians researched it plenty and had already found in the fourties how dangerous it could be, but in the name of profit anything goes.

Back