Carb selection while cutting

jsraaf

During a cutting phase, does your choice of carbs (starchy vs. fibrous) in your diet affect your fat loss results?

Specifically, say you're planning to take in 150g daily. Do you want predominantly starchy (roots, grains,etc.) or fibrous (leafy greens like beans, broccoli) or is a balance blend the best way to go?

I have read some articles on contest preparation, where diet is discussed & it is mentioned to carb deplete on fibrous carbs for a few days, then hit the starcy carbs which will pull water into your muscles.

My goal is not contest prep, merely some fat loss, so I'm not sure if this approach is applicable in that situation.

Any thoughts appreciated!

The main difference between 150g carbs from starchy and fibrous is the amount of available carbs. Fibrous will have lots more fibre, which doesnt equate to much in caloric intake (small amount thru SCFA digestion, but tahts irrelevant)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have read some articles on contest preparation, where diet is discussed & it is mentioned to carb deplete on fibrous carbs for a few days, then hit the starcy carbs which will pull water into your muscles.
Basically what this is acheiving, is fibrous carbs will generally be the main part of a low carb diet, so your heading into depletion. 'starchy' carbs will be used as a part of a carb loading routine, which will replete the muscles with water and carbs.

Back